Lord of Ultima

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:I scouted out my neighbor who was annihilating my attacking armies.... dude has 17million+ berzerkers in a 214 point city.

I sent that screenshot to the "found a cheater" email. I like to daydream that this is the reason the server went down. They are deleting him.

This very dude is on the LoU forum bragging about what I posted. He corrected me, he actually has 1.7 billion zerks. "See the ellipses?"

If he doesn't get kicked off for that..... I don't think I'll be playing long. Not only cheating, but bragging about cheating on their forum. There better be consequences.

Edited By GORDON on 1272243580
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I believe it's down for the time problems.

I started a 2.5 hour building at 2 and at 6 it still had an hour left.

Also, my troops were sent to raid a dungeon two squares away. By 6 they still weren't there and the time it was going to take to reach it was increasing right before my eyes.

But yeah, I hope your cheater gets booted too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes, lots of complaints about the time slip issue.

And now lots of people are responding to the above screen shot that I posted on their forums. Peeps are pissed.

Also, the guy has now started building up his city, again. I just sent another scout to see what's up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If you guys quit playing server 3, send me all your stuff. I am learning pvp over here. If they don't ban my cheating neighbor, he is going to build a castle and steamroll me, I have a feeling.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, each barracks allows 1000k troops. 100 buildings = 100000 troops. Or do castles remove any kind of troop max limit? I guess he could be sending troops to that city from other cities?

Also, at 150 iron per troop, that's. . . . a hell of alot of iron.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1272260041
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Geez, the server was down overnight AND I didn't accumulate resources for the time it was down.

That screws up the schedule.

And my cheating neighbor is still building his city so he can build a castle and annihilate me. I will quit if that happens. I reported his cheating through the official channels, and provided screen shots. If they don't do anything about it, there's no point in playing this game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Weird, the 2 big cheater players are still there as well.

Well, that guy should be losing 10% of his troops every hour, since there's no way he can feed them. Although, that'd take a long time to be down to nothing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In retrospect, I should not have bothered with the defense minister. But I'm setting up groups of zerks to go raid dungeons for me repeatedly. Which is nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This just in, posted in the thread I created:
My fellow members of the gentry,

All Worlds have now had the hotfix successfully applied. This hotfix plugs a hole which was enabling players to cheat and exploit the game mechanics, allowing them to do things which are otherwise impossible to do. This exploit is no longer possible, you need no longer fear being attacked by 999,999 Bezerkers from a city worth less than 2000 points . In addition to this, those players who were found to be using this exploit are in the process of having their accounts permanently banned from Lord of Ultima. It just goes to show, cheating never pays off. Should you see any names disappearing from the Leaderboards, you now have a good idea as to just why that may be . Once again apologies for the inconvenience, but after seeing the reason for the downtime, we are sure you will be happy enough to have had it .
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

EA actually performing customer service!

I'm impressed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:EA actually performing customer service!

I'm impressed.
That's like giving you a cupcake in exchange for years of hitting your balls with a rusty nail embedded in a two by four.

I suppose it's a beginning, but EA's got light-years to go before I call them anything but fuckwads.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd feel better about it if the guy with 1.7 billion zerks wasn't still on my border with 1.7 billion zerks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:I'd feel better about it if the guy with 1.7 billion zerks wasn't still on my border with 1.7 billion zerks.
You've been scouting him since?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yep. Units still there.

I'm hoping that either

1 - They are in the process of deleting accounts and haven't gotten to his, yet, or
2 - They banned his IP, but the city will remain for some reason.

Will be keeping an eye out to see if his city grows.

I heard rumors about doing something about inactive cities. It would resolve itself at that point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In travian, inactive cities disappear somewhere around 30 days, i think, so would make sense if they did that here.