Puddle of Mudd

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Dude has been doing this for years!

I was at the Toledo show 12 years ago when the same thing happened.

It was one of the craziest nights I've ever witnessed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Are you shitting me? I've heard their music. It can't be that hard to perform, even when completely blitzed out of your mind.

EDIT: Wow. A picture's worth a thousand words.

Three or four times where he's switched out the band totally. That happens because:

(i) you're a dick (Megadeth)
(ii) the "band" is you and whatever mercenary session musicians feeling like touring and recording with you, and you've probably got other shit to do (Filter and Orgy, who I'm seeing later this month)

Edited By Malcolm on 1459261567
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Some of his history:

We'll start with Stranger.
During a 2004 show at the Headliners night club in Toledo, Ohio, Scantlin took the stage with his band, but after only four songs admitted to the audience that he was too intoxicated to continue. Frustrated, his bandmates walked off the set, leaving Scantlin by himself on stage. He remained on stage for another 30 minutes, insulting the crowd and singing random songs that seemed to be made up as he went along. Objects were then thrown back and forth between Scantlin and the crowd before he walked off the stage, where he was subsequently arrested by the Toledo Police Department for disorderly conduct while intoxicated. On the way to his booking, additional charges were brought after he repeatedly spat on the windows in the back of the police cruiser he was being transported in.

Late in 2007, Scantlin got himself into trouble when he was banned from Graceland for swimming in an off limits pool while touring the facilities.

In 2012, Scantlin found himself in trouble again when he failed to pay nearly $45,000 in federal taxes in 2009, on top of a $17,000 tab for state taxes.

On September 4, 2012, Scantlin was arrested while traveling on a cross country flight from Boston to Los Angeles because he was intoxicated. The airplane had to make an emergency landing in Austin, Texas. He was charged with public intoxication.

In May 2013, Scantlin was arrested on domestic violence charges after he apparently dragged his ex-wife and then pulled her by the arm or the shirt.

On April 16, 2014, Scantlin had an on-stage meltdown during a show at Trees Dallas, in which he threw a microphone and beer into the audience, as well as appearing to threaten and attempt to physically attack members of the audience. He also received criticism as he appeared to be lip-syncing during the performance.

On January 16, 2015, Scantlin was arrested at Denver International Airport for riding on the baggage carousel and ending up in the restricted area.

During a live performance on April 2, 2015, Scantlin had a meltdown, smashing his guitar, headphones and part of the drummer's kit.

On April 15, 2015, Scantlin was arrested and charged for disorderly conduct at the Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

On June 20, 2015, Scantlin and his band were booed off stage in Versailles, Ohio, while performing at BMI Indoor Speedway, a small indoor go-cart track in rural Western Ohio. Audience members noted he was extremely intoxicated, sat down often, and was lip-syncing. The official Puddle of Mudd Facebook page was deleted soon after.

On July 26, 2015, Scantlin was arrested in the early morning hours after leading Renville County (MN) sheriff deputies on a high-speed chase in excess of 100 mph. Scantlin is currently facing a felony charge of fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle and two gross misdemeanors of driving under the influence of alcohol.

On August 5, 2015, less than one month removed from his last arrest, Scantlin was arrested in Sturgis, South Dakota for driving under the influence.

On December 26, 2015, he was arrested for drugs.

On January 10, 2016, he tried to go home, to the house he lost in foreclosure last year, and got arrested for destroying property in the residence.

On January 30, 2016, during a Puddle of Mudd show in Marietta, Ohio, Scantlin interrupted the song to accuse an audience member of stealing his house, before leaving the stage. The venue subsequently apologized for the incident on Facebook and offered to issue a ticket to any upcoming show of their choice to anyone who had attended the Puddle of Mudd concert that evening.

I'm dumbfounded why you'd keep a liability like that in your band. He can't play, he can't sing, he probably can't write. Wtf? How hard is it to put out an ad for "some guy who can play decent rhythm guitar and maybe kind of sing who's not hitting the pipe?"

Edited By Malcolm on 1459270144
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."