Bruce Springsteen

Audio Tawk
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think he sucks and is WAY overrated and I don't get the love for him and a long time ago I heard "Born to Run" was voted the best rock song of all time and I think it is one of the worst songs I have ever heard, it actually makes me cringe when I hear it.

I legit think his only good songs were the one or two overproduced 80's pop singles he put out, one of which was "I'm on Fire."

Now you go.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I love Born to Run. I never heard any hype of it before I heard it though. I'm on Fire is good. I stopped listening around Nebraska, though.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Bought tix for his February show and ditched the Nightwish one across town. 2nd time seeing him for me. I'm going with a few other people who will be seeing him for the 20th and 40th times, respectively.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tonight, bitches.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Tell him I said he sucks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Boss dgaf.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm also not a huge fan.

He has some decent songs, but he's crazy overrated.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I'm also not a huge fan.

I can't think of another band that puts on a 3+ hour show and has the audience enthralled the entire time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote:I'm also not a huge fan.

I can't think of another band that puts on a 3+ hour show and has the audience enthralled the entire time.
3+ hours can be attributed to the size of his song library. Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, and others can do similar shows.

Folks being enthralled can be said about most concerts. I mean, that's why they're there.

Something about Springsteen has always bugged me. I don't hate him, and can recognize his success, but it's not my cup of tea.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I've never seen any single band, let alone one comprised mainly of senior citizens, play a straight 200-minute set with no opener or breaks, and do it every night virtually perfectly. Max Weinberg had two-thirds of a suit on the entire time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

200 minutes of Springsteen is still 190 minutes of shitty songs, though, no matter how old or how dressed up they are.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:I've never seen any single band, let alone one comprised mainly of senior citizens, play a straight 200-minute set with no opener or breaks, and do it every night virtually perfectly. Max Weinberg had two-thirds of a suit on the entire time.
That's great for their fans. It really is, but that doesn't mean their music is good.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:200 minutes of Springsteen is still 190 minutes of shitty songs, though, no matter how old or how dressed up they are.
There were a couple 2-3 songs portions that were too slow for my liking. The other 30 sounded good.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'll not further shit on Malcolm's enthusiasm and just reiterate the first post... I don't get the appeal.