Dexer

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So I'm taking Leisher to 100 STR, 100 DEX, and 25 INT.

The skills I'm looking at are:
100 Swords (he's there)
100 Anatomy (he's there)
100 Hiding (he's there)
100 Healing (at 40)
100 Tactics
100 Parry
and just enough magic to cure (if needed) and recall.

Sound ok?

Also, what should he be using in terms of equipment? Currently, I have him wearing chainmail and some bone items so he doesn't suffer a DEX penalty.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Resist, especially when you can't cast a quick heal.

(noone really seems to use parry, not saying it's useless, just saying noone seems to use it in pvp)

Edited By Troy on 1242832417
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. Get some resist. People probably don't use parry cause there's no room for it. Enough magery to recall, definately. As far as curing, I'm guessing most of your curing will happen via potions. Disarming during combat to cure will expose you to getitng hit against your 0 wrestling. Will work if you are not under attack, but could be a problem if you are. Just food for thought.

You could also get crazy and drop you magery low enough that you can't cast recall without scrolls. Do something like:

100 swords
100 tactics
100 resist
90 parry
100 Anat
100 Heal
20 Magery
90 Hiding

And really, I've been fighting with upper 80's resist and seem to be doing ok. So, you could shave some points there for higher hiding/parry.
Troy

Post by Troy »

VaL has no magery and instead just relies on my other characters gating his ass around.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I forgot about resist. It would come in handy. What's the best way to train that?

I have parry there because every time I'm out fighting, it's increasing. I assume it's because I use a shield? How do I stop it from increasing?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Don't use the shield.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My dexer has parry, and I think I'd rather have archery. Would be nice to plink them from afar when they start playing their "teleport to the roof and lol" games.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don't use the shield.

Is this true? Should I not be carrying a shield?

What should my load out be when doing PvE and PvP?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Shield is fine for PVE, in fact for shear raw DPS, i believe a Katana + Shield is the best option.

People use the two handers in PVP for the high single hit damage. Plenty of dexers run around with just katanas though... poisoned and without a shield in the other hand so they can drink potions as necessary.

I have a few force katanas laying around, and a few ghouls touch ones as well, for whenever we do some group pvp things, ill give em out. (also have a bunch of power ones as well, but thinking about selling or trading those for l33t gear)

Edited By Troy on 1242849403
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You have to stop moving to shoot an arrow. So you can't hit on the run. FYI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I can when they get on the roof and LOL.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's when you should be teleporting up next to them and rockin' their world. If you can recall, you can teleport. You'd flush them off the roof, or you'd kill them.

In fact, one of Troy's posts has two pictures of two dead guys on top of the building at the Brit GY. They had been up there, and a few mages were dumping and they'd heal through it. We pretty much gave up. Then, along comes an orc. He sees them up there, and teleports right up there. The mages open up again. Both guys died within 30 seconds. To my knowledge, the dexer was never in any real trouble. Plus, he was the only one up there and got all the loot.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1242858058
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:That's when you should be teleporting up next to them and rockin' their world. If you can recall, you can teleport. You'd flush them off the roof, or you'd kill them.
I actually have teleport hotkeyed with Opolis, and use it a lot when wandering the world looking for houses to loot.

The only reason I didn't teleport up to them the other night while hunting with you is that I wasn't sure if you'd be able to get my bac if you had to open your spellbook looking for teleportk. They weren't just mages, their hallys were hurting more than anything. If I got up next to them alone, I would be toast.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wouldn't be teleporting up there. I'd be hitting from the ground. You'd be hitting with a katana disrupting everything and hitting potions. And it would have been tight with only me and you hitting them. The example I gave had at least two mages, maybe a third hitting the guys, plus the dexer up there. Basically, I think they were just caught completely off guard. The orc ran on screen, teleport immediately, attacked and all the mages hit at the same time, same target. It was as if we were all on voice comms together and had planned it. Everyone hit the same target, the orc went up without a moment's hesitation, mages were precasting as the orc was teleporting, etc.

Not saying all the coordination was needed. But I think that's why they were both down within 30 seconds. I think a dexer and two mages would be able to get one, while the other gets away.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh, and that's why I didn't say "Get up there". Wasn't sure if we had enough DPS to get it done.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Much rather just sit on the ground with a bow and do 30 point hits at the same speed I'd swing a broadsword. I'm not l33t enough to teleport into a mess without at least 2 healers.