Chest stacking

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My skill at this is -0.5.

Who setup the TKV tower? I need them to come down and decorate my house.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You drop the 2nd chest right on, but slightly next to, the first chest. Make sure the actual cursor is pointing slightly to the side of the bottom chest, or you will put the 2nd chest inside the first chest.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've tried approximately 96,780,564,368 times. I've even locked the chests to avoid dropping them in. It simply doesn't work.

Actually, I did get one to stack once, but it stack sideways, so if you looked down at them it would've looked like +.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

IIRC, the direction they end up facing has something to do with how your character is facing when they drop it.

And you just suck at chest stacking, I guess. Or maybe the laws of the UO universe just cease to exist in your house. Do you think that's it? Does water take less time to soak into a grit on your stove?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

You guys down here hear about the ongoing cholesterol problem in the country?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Chest stacking sucks and is apparently broken.

And don't get me started on house placement. My mouse was a full screen over from the house's outline when I placed my house. No clue how that thing worked.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The UO world is made up of tiles. Just for easy number, we'll say that the tile is 10 x 10 pixels. A chest fits on that tile. But, it's almost the same size. We'll say 9 x 9 pixels. So, there is a one pixel space that goes around the chest. From our point of view, we see the south and east part of that 1 pixel wide line. The rest of the line is behind the chest. When stacking chests, you have to attempt to place the chest on that one pixel line. It won't fit on that line, so, the game puts the chest on that tile, but on top of other objects on that tile. So, you are aiming for the VERY thin exposed part of the tile that the chest is on. To continue stacking chests, aim for that very thin eposed part around the BOTTOM chest. Don't aim for just below the second chest because you will then be aiming directly on the bottom chest. To stack chests on one particular tile, you have to keep putting things on that very thin exposed part of that tile around the bottom chest. You can go 6 high, I think.

The direction the object faces is determined by which direction the object is pulled from. For instance, if you want the chest to face south (so the lock is facing south), you have to pull the chest along the north/south. So, if you are standing south of the tile you want the chest on, you are pulling the chest from the south, out of your bag and moving it north along the north/south line. If you were standing to the right, or east of the tile, and you drag the chest out of your pack along the east/west line, the chest will be facing east.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I figured it out finally. I was dropping it on top and on the sides, not at the bottom of the placed chest.