memory leak shit

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Slow day at work as the boss just got me the file he should've given me two days ago & I don't feel like diving into a new project only to have half the brain cells that remembered it dead on Tuesday from booze.

Anyhoo, checked the forums for info on the memory leak. There are some prevalent themes :

(1) Both the server & client are written in Stackless Python.
(2) Upgrading to .NET 2.0 has helped some, made no difference to others, and magnified the problem for the remainder. This seems very odd as memory leaks are due to incompetent clearing of memory or faulty garbage collection. Python shouldn't be affected by anything in .NET.
(3) Some just didn't've any leaks whatsoever at all, nor've they ever'd any.

Some dude mentioned something called cacheman that he uses to manage his memory & he said he didn't've any leaks.

Where're the devs to weigh in on this shit? Is it the client, the server, or what?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Mine's better now... I've only hit 400MB today.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Mine has seemed better as well. I have the window open for a much longer time with less mem use now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, if my base MB wasn't 300.......
It's not me, it's someone else.