The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Speaker Johnson faces "international pressure" on Ukraine aid.

This article irritates me, and I'm not defending Johnson. I'm bashing our own MSM constantly pushing international agendas as if they should hold more weight than what's in the best interest of the US and its citizens.

Why is the Ukraine the US' responsibility to fund? Pretty sure the rest of the world has money and can cut some checks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

There's a reason all those enlightened european countries have extra money for health care and free college.

They let the USA pay the bulk of their defense.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I've always thought one of the main reasons the international community hates Trump...besides his personality...is that he did turn off the automatic money machine for many.

Want to know who your real friends are? Stop picking up the check.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

So... yeah, Kyle's data is correct.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Anything to be said for NYC being way more densely populated than Alabama? Seems like even with those stats, you're more likely to be exposed to a murder up north than down south.

On a side note, I wonder if the black population density is 3x more in AL vs. NYC.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:43 pm So... yeah, Kyle's data is correct.
Kyle's data is correct, but it's cherry picking.
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:46 pm On a side note, I wonder if the black population density is 3x more in AL vs. NYC.
I mean...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:43 pm Kyle's data is correct, but it's cherry picking.
??

The Senator from AL was complaining about crime in NYC.
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:46 pm On a side note, I wonder if the black population density is 3x more in AL vs. NYC.
23.1% of New York City's population is Black or African American.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 26.5% of Alabama's population is African American.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I would have guessed greater than 50. That's the deep south.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:17 pm I would have guessed greater than 50. That's the deep south.
If it were 50, they'd run the government in AL, and it wouldn't be so red.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:34 pm ??

The Senator from AL was complaining about crime in NYC.
There's more crimes than just murder.

Also, if we're being honest, it's a D run city, so who knows how many crimes went unreported and unpunished. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Violent crime: 5.96 per 1,000 residents
Property crime: 25.85 per 1,000 residents
Total crime: 31.82 per 1,000 residents
According to NeighborhoodScout, New York City's crime rate is 8.18 per 1,000 residents for violent crimes and 30.04 per 1,000 residents for property crimes
So roughly the same ballpark, but higher in NYC. But you'll be less likely to be murdered by a lot.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Crime rates concentrated over a large city, versus spread out over an entire state, though.

The right part of that city, I bet you hear angry gunshots, weekly. In Alabama, only in Mobile, or hunting season.

I'd still feel safer in a small Alabama town with a county sheriff, over NYC with their billion dollars of law enforcement.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:56 am But you'll be less likely to be murdered by a lot.
Not necessarily. You'd have to dig further into the murder stats to really determine that.

Most murders are committed by family, friends, and acquaintances. Murders by strangers being rarer, it'd probably be tied to other crimes. Since NYC has the lead there, would you be more likely to be murdered in NYC than in Bama as a visitor?

Also, it's still ridiculous to compare a city's crime stats to an entire state's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 am Most murders are committed by family, friends, and acquaintances. Murders by strangers being rarer, it'd probably be tied to other crimes. Since NYC has the lead there, would you be more likely to be murdered in NYC than in Bama as a visitor?
Isn't everyone in Alabama the same family?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure there is an official source that would say yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:27 am Isn't everyone in Alabama the same family?
They are and they all love the tide.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:11 pm Yertle the turtle is stepping down.
Yay, I guess. Wonder what turd comes next.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:48 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:11 pm Yertle the turtle is stepping down.
Yay, I guess. Wonder what turd comes next.
With that attitude, does it matter?

What if they elected Fetterman just because he's so fucking hilarious? Then you'd be eating those words!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:50 pm What if they elected Fetterman just because he's so fucking hilarious? Then you'd be eating those words!
Republicans aren't doing that.