The car you drive

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

I'm curious what price costco would give me on this truck. Executive members can do the car thing.... bought my Leaf through it. The Leaf was a flat invoice+small percentage, no haggling.

But I don't want to do it because then I have to talk to a human and no one enjoys that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

A co-worker friend just bought his wife a Calligraphy.
TheCatt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:53 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:44 pm I hate you can't choose to NOT have all the bullshit radar stuff that I don't want. I don't have a problem seeing my blind spots, and don't need the alert lights. I don't need the truck to slow down when there's a slower vehicle a quarter mile ahead. So that bullshit is probably a big chunk of that increased price.
It is, and especially raises the cost of fixing any accidents.
Meanwhile, the insurance company will claim it lowers your rates. It doesn't...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:28 am A co-worker friend just bought his wife a Calligraphy.
It's a nice car. A little annoying about how some things they'll only put on the Kia version, and some are exclusive to Hyundai. (like folding mirrors when car is locked is Kia only. The place to put your purse up front is Hyundai only).
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:44 pm just custom-specced out a new truck on ford.com....
I specifically checked the boxes for "just checking prices, don't contact me." Have received one phone call and two emails since last night from the local dealer.

They must be desperate. Or are hoping for an old who both has web skills and is also likely to buy a car without wanting to.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:52 am I specifically checked the boxes for "just checking prices, don't contact me." Have received one phone call and two emails since last night from the local dealer.
Four emails since. These may be auto generated.