Tiger

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:
As I said before -- there's NO reason whatsoever why he HAD to get married. None. At. All. You do unnecessary or unwarranted shit, you invite unpleasant consequences.
That's a completely unrealistic argument. Life and women aren't that black and white.
What's unrealistic about the statement, "Tiger woods didn't have to get married?" If his woman talked him into marriage, then it's HIS fault for being a dumb-ass & listening/believing/caving in.

After you walk up on the altar, all you have to do is say, "Hell, no," at the correct time. Or get a fucking divorce shortly thereafter.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:That's a completely unrealistic argument. Life and women aren't that black and white.
I think the women were all white.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

thibodeaux wrote:
Leisher wrote:That's a completely unrealistic argument. Life and women aren't that black and white.
Zing.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
And, still, the hype machine was something he either let grow, or fueled.
I don't blame him or his people for the hype. Win 14 majors and they're going to hype you no matter who you are...look at Pete Sampras.
As I said before -- there's NO reason whatsoever why he HAD to get married. None. At. All. You do unnecessary or unwarranted shit, you invite unpleasant consequences.
That's a completely unrealistic argument. Life and women aren't that black and white.
He made this image, he sold his image, he (and his agents) built this hype.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But you know, it's sorta sad that our society has such a low opinion of fucking.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:But you know, it's sorta sad that our society has such a low opinion of fucking.

I blame it on the dudes that founded this country. & before that, the dudes in the Dark Ages that thought they had a direct line to god & their lives should revolve around enforcing his "will" on this world. Before that, I'd go back to Emperor Theodosius.

Edited By Malcolm on 1260400506
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:But you know, it's sorta sad that our society has such a low opinion of fucking.
I blame it on the dudes that founded this country. & before that, the dudes in the Dark Ages that thought they had a direct line to god & their lives should revolve around enforcing his "will" on this world. Before that, I'd go back to Emperor Theodosius.
No, those dudes wanted to be the only ones fucking, so they said it was a sin for regular men to fuck women.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This is a whole nother issue, but yeah, I don't really appreciate the attitudes towards sex/nudity in this country.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He and his agents built upon what the MSM already created. And let's be honest, what did they do really? How much has his image changed since the MSM started hyping him as the greatest golfer ever? All they really did was accept checks for endorsements.

What's unrealistic about the statement, "Tiger woods didn't have to get married?" If his woman talked him into marriage, then it's HIS fault for being a dumb-ass & listening/believing/caving in.

After you walk up on the altar, all you have to do is say, "Hell, no," at the correct time. Or get a fucking divorce shortly thereafter.

It's unrealistic because life isn't a simple series of yes and no decisions. Combine that with human beings having feelings and needs, and it makes life altering decisions extremely difficult, and quite frankly, it's sometimes impossible to determine a correct answer. Humans aren't robots. They make mistakes. A lot of humans also have trouble making decisions that negatively affect others.

Maybe he shouldn't have gotten married. Maybe he loves his wife more than anything, but only strayed because these women threw themselves at him and he was weak. Maybe she's completely cut him off and admitted that she just wanted his money, and he was trying to wait out the pre-nup? Maybe it was something else? Who knows?

Point being, sometimes we do things whether we want to or not because they fill a need or they seem like the right decision at the time. For example:
There's a Microsoft facility in Minneapolis. Christ help me, I actually sent my resume sent in.

Ok, that last part was for humor, but seriously, to imply that any man is perfect and make make perfect decisions at every moment in his life IS unrealistic. And again, we don't know the full situation behind he and his wife's relationship, so to simply claim he made the wrong choice to be married is ridiculous.

I KNOW there are black women who already hated him for marrying a white woman, now they've got to be even more pissed. And how about Asian women?

It is funny though that here's a guy whose whole career has been linked to racism with him being the shinning beacon people use to call others racist if you root against him. Then he turns out to be racist.

But you know, it's sorta sad that our society has such a low opinion of fucking.

I don't necessarily agree with that. If Tiger were single, this wouldn't be a scandal. Look at Clooney and how the MSM just giggles as he dates waitress after waitress (and what's that about? Insecurities?).

Yes, we're a prudish society, but him being married has made it a much bigger deal. Even in Europe it's still a big deal when people are found cheating on a spouse.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

TheCatt wrote:
This is a whole nother issue, but yeah, I don't really appreciate the attitudes towards sex/nudity in this country.
Personally, I'm sick of people parading it around like it's new and clever, and basing most of their personality off of it. I wish it were either more taboo or less, though I lean toward more.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I want a more European style attitude with regards to nudity and sex. bewbs on tv!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
He and his agents built upon what the MSM already created. And let's be honest, what did they do really? How much has his image changed since the MSM started hyping him as the greatest golfer ever? All they really did was accept checks for endorsements.
The msm says he is the greatest golfer ever for the same reason they say obama is the greatest president ever.

Except tiger is actually skilled.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Point being, sometimes we do things whether we want to or not because they fill a need or they seem like the right decision at the time. For example:
There's a Microsoft facility in Minneapolis. Christ help me, I actually sent my resume sent in.
Ok, that last part was for humor, but seriously, to imply that any man is perfect and make make perfect decisions at every moment in his life IS unrealistic. And again, we don't know the full situation behind he and his wife's relationship, so to simply claim he made the wrong choice to be married is ridiculous.
I need a job to make rent & pay student loans. Tiger needs to get married because ..... ?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I want a more European style attitude with regards to nudity and sex. bewbs on tv!

I second that motion. (Watch Comedy Central after midnight, it's all uncensored.)

The msm says he is the greatest golfer ever for the same reason they say obama is the greatest president ever.

Except tiger is actually skilled.

This is actually an extremely solid statement. One of the criticisms lobbied against those who claim Tiger is the best ever is the fact that his supporters only want to discuss tournament wins. They never want to discuss changes in the game, courses, or equipment. They don't want to talk about how Tiger's peers are a joke compared to those of Jack Nicolaus'. And don't mention the fact that Jack, the current tournament wins record holder, played in far, far fewer tournaments than Tiger because he didn't make golf the only priority in his life.

I heard at lunch that some talking heads are now reporting that Tiger could be done with golf. If that's true, this whole scandal could be his supporters "go to" whenever people are arguing who "the greatest golfer ever" was, they can always just say "he had to retire in his prime!!!"

I need a job to make rent & pay student loans. Tiger needs to get married because ..... ?

You need to make rent & pay student loans because...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

thibodeaux wrote:
Actually no, there was one a person of color talking about it this morning. She said how sorry she was to have help break a family up. I have a hard time believing that anyone in this country didn't know he was married. Her last contact with him. 18 hours after the wreck.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:
You need to make rent & pay student loans because...?
Because I'm not interested in fucking over my co-signer, something I decided to avoid BEFORE I signed the documents. I agreed to some sort of financial obligation, in writing. I intend to honour that agreement. I wouldn't've'd to make that agreement were it not for some unbelievably stupid choices earlier on, but I'm not trying to do an end-run around my student loan papers because I was a fuckwit & transferred from my first school.

As for the rent, that's another agreement that I, as a tenant, agreed to. I need a place to live. Rent's cheap as all hell. It's winter here in the frigid north. People w\o heat & shelter tend to die.

Marriage is not a modern living essential; it is, in my opinion, a somewhat insane institution, being doubly ass-fucked by both the state & religion. If it's in a man's to fuck as many chicks as possible for the sake of biology, then this monogamy thing is going to run into serious problems.

Paying your rent isn't the same type of obligation as getting hitched. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even the same sport.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
And, still, the hype machine was something he either let grow, or fueled.
I don't blame him or his people for the hype. Win 14 majors and they're going to hype you no matter who you are...look at Pete Sampras.
Eh... the hype was partly responsible for his making $110 million in endorsements every year. It goes along with the ass loads of money they make.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

This mornings guest was a blond from Vegas. She stated how she spent the night at the LA home and knew he was married. They finally broke up after she asked for a house and or apartment. He said no. He may have money but he is stupid. She was a total scank.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Because I'm not interested in fucking over my co-signer, something I decided to avoid BEFORE I signed the documents. I agreed to some sort of financial obligation, in writing. I intend to honour that agreement. I wouldn't've'd to make that agreement were it not for some unbelievably stupid choices earlier on, but I'm not trying to do an end-run around my student loan papers because I was a fuckwit & transferred from my first school.

As for the rent, that's another agreement that I, as a tenant, agreed to. I need a place to live. Rent's cheap as all hell. It's winter here in the frigid north. People w\o heat & shelter tend to die.

And I could respond by talking about how you put yourself in this situation, nobody told you to live up north, or live with someone, and now you're trapped into doing things you don't want to do, yada, yada, yada.

We could take this all the way to "why did you make a choice to live within society's parameters". There are many people out there who would have the same stance towards your "needs" as you have towards Tiger's marriage choice. They'd tell you that the choices you made weren't based on actual needs, but things you wanted.

It's an endless arguement.

Paying your rent isn't the same type of obligation as getting hitched. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even the same sport.

Nobody tried to make that claim, however renting is a choice that one makes that doesn't have to be made, which is why it was used as an example. (See above for the rest of the argument.)

Marriage is not a modern living essential; it is, in my opinion, a somewhat insane institution, being doubly ass-fucked by both the state & religion.

And this is why I said debating this is pointless. You have a pre-conceived opinion of marriage. Educated to a certain extent, but not from personal experience. Hearing about a friend's or family member's marriage is NOT the same as being in one.

What you're refusing to accept is that marriage is essential to some, and not just for personal reasons. Society has dictated that the normal thing to do is to get married. When's the last time a president was unmarried? Why is Tiger's team fighting so hard to keep him married? Why did Letterman go through his public embarrassment instead of just getting divorced? Why do people spend their lives going from failed relationship to failed relationship? Or even turn gay like Meredith Baxter Bernie just for companionship?

It's because they need something out of a relationship, and often that relationship requires marriage. Politicians need to be married to show that they believe in and practice family values. Celebrities, particularly those who make large sums of money from endorsements, need to project a family image or they lose that money. Some people get married because their friends or family did. Some are just following with society's expectations. Some want a family before having kids. Others are simply in love. Etc. Etc. Etc.

All the reasons I stated above are legit reasons that people get married. Argue all you want about whether or not those reasons are solid foundations for marriage, but it doesn't take away the fact that sometimes it's necessary for a person to get married.

Why does your opinion trump all of their opinions, feelings, needs, and desires?

I fully respect your opinion on marriage and don't think it's particularly wrong, I just don't think it's right either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of marriage...

Just saw a jewelry store comercial on TV.

A woman shows off her new engagement ring to her friends and makes the "we're getting married" announcement, and the girls all scream and hug and bounce around maniacally.

Men don't do this.

Why?