Ohio Winter Shitfest 2011

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just walked the property snapping pics of things crusted with ice.

I had a couple really nice, old, tall fur trees... one of them had a bunch of branches snap off the east side where apparently the ice was coming from. Now I have a really lop sided fur tree.

Will post pics later when the wife gets them off her camera.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know we're getting more ice and then 4-9 inches of snow tonight right?

More ice = less snow. Less ice = more snow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Which part of MI?
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think it was 65 or 70 yesterday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I got sunburnt yesterday/.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Which part of MI?

Detroit and Ann Arbor.

I was actually in your neck of the woods recently. We went to see Sesame Street Live at the Fox Theater and then drove up to some outlet mall and ate at the Rain Forest Cafe (the one in Disneyworld is good, this was terrible).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I didn't even think the Rainforest Cafe at Disney was any good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did. Although, all I got was a burger, and I could actually order it medium rare. Their policy now seems to be medium well is the lowest they'll go. Fuck that. Plus, the prices were insane. I ordered fish and chips at the one in Michigan and it was something like $15. It consisted of 4 pieces of over breaded fish with the largest being the size of two fishsticks on top of a handful of fries that were bigger than shoestring, but smaller than McDonald's.

Also, their decorations were a lot shittier than Disney's, which is to be expected.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I had a rib/chicken combo (you know how it is getting sick of the chicken strips/burgers every day in the park) at the Disney one, and it was just really mediocre and really expensive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

With rising food costs, I think restaurants are one of the businesses that won't be able to pass those costs onto customers. Some will, of course, like the fast food joints and some of the lower priced sit down places (Red Robin, Chili's, etc.), but places like Rain Forest Cafe won't be able to as they'll price themselves out of business. I already think they're doomed. It's a great, great gimmick, but a gimmick doesn't make a restaurant. You also have to have decent prices or the food had better be out of this world. They fail in both areas.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:Was in the Akron area for a few days; light snow was in the forecast. Then the forecast was 3". Then in the middle of that 3", they decided 6-9", and lots of people ended up stick on the interstate overnight, sleeping in their cars. I myself had to pay a guy $20 to follow me in his tow truck for 10 miles to my hotel and push me along when I came to a hill and couldn't get up it in my Trans Am. I've never, ever seen conditions like this where I couldn't get over an overpass in that car.
I only let shit like that happen to me once.

Bought this today:

4x4 and e'rything.

Now the Trans Am can spend the winters buttoned up in the garage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That red truck was used, and even though I have a lifelong aversion to buying used vehicles - I always assume I am getting someone elses problems - I bought used, anyway.

I got someone elses problems.

Specifically, a customized in-dash entertainment system and custom dashboard lights and shit, and the wiring was fucked, and if you left the radio on or the vent fan on or kept the dashboard lights on or anything on, even shit that typically does not drain power when the vehicle is off, the battery would be dead by morning. And I ended up re-hanging the customized exhaust system because the customized rubber hangers were deteriorated and I could not replace them... so I had the entire fucking thing hanging from the frame with some dog chain that the previous owner of my house had left in my garage.

So I sold that fucking truck in December.

And I sold my awesome Trans Am in December..... which I still do not have the heart to describe, for me the pain is still too near.

And I bought a new Ford F-150 with about 30 miles on it.

There's nothing wrong with it.

It's a perfectly serviceable vehicle, it hauls shit I need hauled and it has a Bluetooth radio and voice controls for everything and it has a USB port into which I can plug in a thumb drive and have access to my entire music collection. It averages 17.6 miles per gallon in city driving, which is pretty good for a big-ish truck.

The radio does not sound as good as the Pontiac Monsoon system in my awesome sports car and I think about that every time I listen to music, which is every time I drive.

But anyway, I was getting busy (ordering food) in a Burger King drive-through the other day, and noticed something:

The extra "7" is for extra lucky leetness.

Edited By GORDON on 1332511019