Diet and Exercise

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:53 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:21 am Hope you're swimming between 7 and 9 am.
In the Summer, I was! Too cold now.
You need to be one of those polar bear people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Peter Attia's relatively straight-forward "how to live better longer"

It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Diet and Exercise

Post by thibodeaux »

Anybody who cares about cholesterol numbers or, god forbid, recommends statins is a dipshit. Notwithstanding that some of the other advice is ok.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:28 pm Anybody who cares about cholesterol numbers or, god forbid, recommends statins is a dipshit. Notwithstanding that some of the other advice is ok.
He really recommends understanding the composition of your cholesterol, looking for VLDL or using some of the newer tests (ApoB/Lp(a)), which can genetically make you much more likely to die of/have heart disease regardless of your exercise / weight / etc.
thibodeaux

Diet and Exercise

Post by thibodeaux »

That's somewhat better. I still maintain my prejudice :p
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Yeah but having your gall bladder removed still counts as weight loss.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Costco offering Ozempic scripts.

And $1.50 giant hot dogs...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:33 pm Costco offering Ozempic scripts.

And $1.50 giant hot dogs...
"LET THEM FIGHT"

$179 is very cheap.
Cakedaddy

Diet and Exercise

Post by Cakedaddy »

The cost of medication is not included in the $179 three-month plan, and Sesame warned on its website that without insurance, GLP-1s can cost between $950 and $1,600 per month.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:10 pm
The cost of medication is not included in the $179 three-month plan, and Sesame warned on its website that without insurance, GLP-1s can cost between $950 and $1,600 per month.
Some people go to Costco for its $1.50 hot dogs, others for its $179 Ozempic prescriptions.
Well, there's a shitty article.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »