The general "they're all crooks" thread.

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I know I have a habit of believing that all politicians are corrupt, and all of them are taking bribes and lining the nests, but only because it's true.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/c ... ound-dead/

I'm a First Energy consumer because I have no choice, and this bullshit got so bad that everyone knew about it, and it finally got investigated. I'm pretty sure I talked about one of their schemes a decade ago, regarding mandatory free energy efficient light bulbs (that we paid for with a surcharge).

And now damn, key witness is dead. Too bad it wasn't one of the elected officials who took the bribe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Can you imagine any politician running for high(ish) office.... anything higher than local mayor, and their thought process is purely "I want to do some good!" No one is spending millions to get elected for a $250k salary, with the Rockwellian ideal of simply making the world a better place.

They're all looking to enrich themselves, in some way.

Absolutely no one willing to pay money to get the job should be allowed to have it.

Parties shouldn't be allowed to fund puppets simply because the puppet is willing to advance and enrich the party.

I like to think that the increased scrutiny of the "Epstein Islands" of the world will make the pursuit of power less attractive.... but then again, years later, only 2 peeps have paid for any of that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:16 am No one is spending millions to get elected for a $250k salary, with the Rockwellian ideal of simply making the world a better place.
I disagree. Especially since they aren't spending their millions.

Now, how MANY people are like that... debatable.
It's not me, it's someone else.