Rugby

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Cakedaddy

Rugby

Post by Cakedaddy »

Tuned in for the hell of it. Fun sport to watch. It took me a minute to figure out the rules, and I still don't know all of them. But it's very fast. Game only last about 10 minutes or so. So they are playing an entire tournament in one evening. US men's team is out. US women's are in the final against New Zealand. These women are athletes. I see little difference in the action and athleticism between the men's and women's games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Rugby

Post by TheCatt »

I knew some female Rugby players in college. They were athletic and loved to drink.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Rugby

Post by Cakedaddy »

They look like MMA caliber builds playing a team based 'smear the queer' type game.

But I will add, as the bracket got deeper into the 5th, 6th place teams, the player size shrunk dramatically. They weren't that different from women's soccer players. The top 4 teams were beefy. Tells me size matters in this sport. The smaller teams relied on their speed. There were far more breakaway runs with the smaller players.