Is Therapy the new Chiropracticy?

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Like everyone goes to their damned therapist forever, and nothing gets fixed.

any rate, just something that I seem to have noticed on the internet.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Therapists are what people have instead of close friends.

Unless they're drug seeking.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you do therapy right, you don't go forever. In fact, good therapists will start off by telling you that exact thing. You do your shit, discuss how to fix it, then you either do it or don't. Bad therapists keep people coming forever. You should be in therapy for 1-6 months unless you're a complete whackado, and even then you really should be institutionalized.

I won't condemn the profession because I know people who are alive because of it. However, the therapists who milk people are garbage and should be unlicensed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Just feels like it has exploded and every 20-something has a therapist that they see weekly, forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:50 am Just feels like it has exploded and every 20-something has a therapist that they see weekly, forever.
Totally agree and it's horseshit. Like everything else in our society it's being milked for every single dime they can get out of people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Out of curiosity, we have a handful of teens between us. How many of you managed to get kids through high school without being drugged?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:53 am How many of you managed to get kids through high school without being drugged?
Me being drugged, or the kids? Legally or illegally?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

ADHD/etc meds.

Last time I looked at stats, 1 in 4 kids was medicated, but I last looked like a decade ago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Ah. Our oldest was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary school. Her case is super obvious, not the "my kid sometimes doesn't pay attention and is a normal child" thing.

But she's unmedicated, as she doesn't like the meds.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My youngest needed a low dose of whatever it is in middle school, but has outgrown it. Other kids were fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My kid just keeps getting hit by cars, but there's no meds to stop that. Besides that he's fine.