Starfield

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starfield

Post by TheCatt »

Quick thoughts

1 it's so far in the future that people have colonized infinite planets. But we can't talk to people using phone like devices, and have to run to them.

2 again, we have space planes, but have to run through cities and across the terrain of planets. The jet packs are barely better rthan what we have today IRL

3. We've basically defeated gravity, except when it comes to carrying things.

4 I know, I just started, but I'm a piece of paper in combat.

5 hey, thanks for letting me choose all these characteristics for my person, without having any idea how often I'll be in space or on a planet or fighting droids vs humans or aliens
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starfield game

Post by Leisher »

This is on my wish list and I really considered picking it up right out of the gate, but it's ambitious. I figured it would be smart to wait it out and let all the bugs get fixed first.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starfield game

Post by TheCatt »

Overall I enjoyed it, but the things above make little sense to me.

It seems to be quite a large game. I'm only 10 hours in
Leisher
Site Admin

Starfield game

Post by Leisher »

I was under the impression that it was kind of endless? Is there a story that can be beaten?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starfield

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:33 pm I was under the impression that it was kind of endless? Is there a story that can be beaten?
There's a main story.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starfield

Post by Leisher »

Is it weird that because of how badly this is being shredded online, I want to play it more now?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Starfield

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm Is it weird that because of how badly this is being shredded online, I want to play it more now?
lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

Starfield

Post by Leisher »

I found out that the people who made Fallout 76 made this, so now I'm far less interested.

This is cool:

Cakedaddy

Starfield

Post by Cakedaddy »

"Toilet Paper roll just wants to be a potato" made me laugh.

Considering "Can't optimize their games", that seems like a lot of food.