The Marvels (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl power! It's gonna be so good.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

It's been rumored Brie Larson was pissed this wasn't just a sequel for her movie and the others were added.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

So it was the worst financially performing MCU film to date.

And like clockwork, it's the audience's fault:

Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Those darn customers being all sexist and racist!

~The Writers and everyone else involved, trying to save their jobs
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

A deleted scene from this movie is making headlines. The controversy starts when Valkyrie calls Captain Marvel's ship where Ms. Marvel is hanging out. Important note that the character of Ms. Marvel is a minor. Make note of Valkyrie's accidental warning at the end. If you don't understand it at first, know that she simply changes the second word to "in".

If your movie doesn't blatantly push an agenda, things like this are meaningless and nobody cares. When you're woke AF and have been pushing "the message" for years you can't do things like this or people think it's also a part of your agenda.

GORDON
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by GORDON »

i watched it but withotu context i don't know what is happening.

Is it worth it to know that Vakalrie has been established to be a lesbian? The made me "Hmmmm" at the "o captain, my captain" line.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:24 pm Is it worth it to know that Vakalrie has been established to be a lesbian?
Very worth it. Also, she apparently says the "o captain my captain" line in another not deleted scene of the movie. They have hinted at her and CM having a lesbian relationship. (I have no issues with that.) I'd much rather watch Brie and Tessa scissor than Brie get Golden Gated by Rafi and Pete.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by GORDON »

So what inappropriate thing was done to a minor?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:46 pm So what inappropriate thing was done to a minor?
"You might want to (WHAT?). OK, jump in?"

I'm confused.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:46 pm So what inappropriate thing was done to a minor?
Nothing was "done". It's the way a woman acts like a minor could be in a lesbian marriage with an adult, and instead of the child indicating their age, they just explain that they're single. Again, stand alone, this never gets headlines. However, when your movies are woke propaganda and making pedophilia normalized is absolutely a part of some people's woke agenda, you're going to have people assuming that's what you're doing. Which is exactly what people are doing and why this is making headlines. The clip has been ratioed to hell, which is obvious because they turned off the downvotes total.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:24 pm "You might want to (WHAT?). OK, jump in?"

I'm confused.
She said, "You might want to strap on. I mean, strap in."

This one, imho, is one of those "for adults" jokes that nobody gives two shits about when your movies don't push a message. However, when they do, and it occurs in a scene where an adult "sexualizes" a minor, I get why people have issue with it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:57 pm She said, "You might want to strap on. I mean, strap in."
Yeah, I couldn't understand that dialogue at all.
It's the way a woman acts like a minor could be in a lesbian marriage with an adult, and instead of the child indicating their age, they just explain that they're single.
I thought she was say that Ms Marvel was gone, and had run off? Maybe I'm just tired from my bike race.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 pm I thought she was say that Ms Marvel was gone, and had run off?
She was saying Captain Marvel had run off and gotten married to the minor Ms Marvel without inviting her, and yada yada yada.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 pm Maybe I'm just tired from my bike race.
How far did you ride?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:23 pm She was saying Captain Marvel had run off and gotten married to the minor Ms Marvel without inviting her, and yada yada yada.
I feel like in the 80s that would have just been a joke.
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:23 pm How far did you ride?
18 miles. so not that far, but the pace was 105% for me. And, it's virtual, with some hills. So i didn't actually leave my house, which is the best.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Marvels (2023)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 pm I feel like in the 80s that would have just been a joke.
When studios were concerned with making money and not getting some ESG score? Agree.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 pm 18 miles. so not that far, but the pace was 105% for me. And, it's virtual, with some hills. So i didn't actually leave my house, which is the best.
Good for you.