Today in being fabulous

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Well, true, they don't have one month.

They have two.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:02 am Well, true, they don't have one month.

They have two.
What two months are dedicated to vets?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:16 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:02 am Well, true, they don't have one month.

They have two.
What two months are dedicated to vets?
November is National Veterans and Military Families Month. May is Military Appreciation Month.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

Never heard of either thing, and I'm in the club.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:44 pm Never heard of either thing, and I'm in the club.
Ditto.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Stanley Tucci thinks straight actors should be able to play gay roles.
Tucci, who is married to actress Felicity Blunt, said he believes that as an actor, “you’re supposed to play different people.”

“You just are. That’s the whole point of it,” he told the program.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Why is he wrong? Why is this news?

What fucking world do we live in, and how soon until an asteroid ends this failed experiment?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:20 pm First openly gay pro sports coach.
"Cmon, lift for daddy!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

The 1975 lead singer seems like an ignorant asshole.

Props to him for fighting for his beliefs, but the way he is going about it is the wrong way. He's doing more harm than good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

This one's a tough watch. Not because it's gross. It's just tough.

I do not share the beliefs of those parents, but I do understand their side. I also understand the son's side. Obviously I, and I believe everyone on this forum, would attend, but none of us are truly in those parents' shoes. Right or wrong, the son is asking them to cast aside everything they believe, and probably everything their family has believed for generations. That's really tough for human beings.

I do think there was room for a compromise, but like social and political discourse in today's U.S., the son jumped right to "all or nothing". (Not that I blame him.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:09 pm Right or wrong, the son is asking them to cast aside everything they believe, and probably everything their family has believed for generations. That's really tough for human beings.
Son is asking them to choose him over their religion. They passed. For me that would be a permanent cutoff.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:11 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:09 pm Right or wrong, the son is asking them to cast aside everything they believe, and probably everything their family has believed for generations. That's really tough for human beings.
Son is asking them to choose him over their religion. They passed. For me that would be a permanent cutoff.
A skewed religion at that. I'm probably with Gordon, for the most. They absolutely can come, religion or not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 am A skewed religion at that.
Is there one that isn't?
GORDON wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:11 pm Son is asking them to choose him over their religion. They passed. For me that would be a permanent cutoff.
Ditto.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 am They absolutely can come, religion or not.
As I said, we'd all go, but it's super easy for us to sit back and judge them as wrong (which they are) and declare we wouldn't do the same in their position. However, is it realistic for us to say that? I don't believe so. It's the same as all of the virtual signaling woke people who think they wouldn't have owned slaves if they were rich property owners in the early American south.

Also, to be fair to all involved, this was filmed. We all know reality TV is anything but real.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

They wouldn't have been rich property owners in the south without slaves, because they would have been outcompeted by those who were.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:21 pm They wouldn't have been rich property owners in the south without slaves, because they would have been outcompeted by those who were.
Turns out free labor is kind of a huge advantage.

The pyramids weren't built by Teamsters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by GORDON »

AGGRAVATED homosexuality?

Two dudes were hatefucking?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Oppressive regime warns their LGBQT citizens about travel to U.S.
“Since the beginning of 2023, certain states in the U.S. have passed laws banning drag shows and restricting the transgender community from access to gender affirming care and from participation in sporting events,”
This is far left political nonsense.
Neither the statement nor the travel advisory single out specific states or laws.
Because they can't. This shit doesn't apply to foreign visitors.

P.S. The entire world is banning men from competing in women's sports, not just the U.S.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in being fabulous

Post by Leisher »

Manilow discusses why he didn't come out until he was 73.

Not to burst your bubble Barry, but we all knew.

Also, this clip is absolute fact when it comes to straight guys discussing Manilow: