The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Biden visits some factory workers for photo ops. Fine, he's out of place but he's supposed to represent everyone.

All workers, everywhere: "LOL he has his hard hat on backwards."

Snopes: "Nope, that's legit, he's a genius and everyone else is wrong."

Everyone: "Yep, snopes is in the bag for Biden."

Snopes: "Lol ok jk. It was backwards."

Two months later: everyone forgets all about it, and we can go back to pretending the MSM isn't covering for him, to the point of lying.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Sometimes, people are just wrong.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:46 am I mean, how do you remove Trump from the Rs?
That's a fair question. Pretend Trump passed away overnight tonight and the Rs immediately went back to where they were prior to 2015-16.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:46 am The barriers to anything but a 2 party system are massive.
No doubt. However, I've said this before, if people could be organized to vote 3rd party on a single thing, it could be enough to send a message.

Could we run a campaign telling everyone to vote third party for their state's treasurer?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm Sometimes, people are just wrong.
It was pointed out they were wrong, and they doubled down on it. Because the message was more important to them than their integrity, that day.

But it was probably the only time that's ever happened, so it's fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Obama advisor thinks Biden's campaign needs to rethink their "the economy is awesome" approach.

Agree. I know Catt will point out all the things that suggest the economy is doing well, but people don't see it at the grocery store, restaurants, the gas pump, the Bunny Ranch, and so on.

Self-checkout, tipping, and other "make the customer do it" or "pass it onto the customer" trends don't help.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:21 pm Agree. I know Catt will point out all the things that suggest the economy is doing well, but people don't see it at the grocery store, restaurants, the gas pump, the Bunny Ranch, and so on.
The economy doing well doesn't mean everyone is doing well. Most of the benefits of our economy is going to the people who are already at the top of the economic charts.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:30 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:21 pm Agree. I know Catt will point out all the things that suggest the economy is doing well, but people don't see it at the grocery store, restaurants, the gas pump, the Bunny Ranch, and so on.
The economy doing well doesn't mean everyone is doing well. Most of the benefits of our economy is going to the people who are already at the top of the economic charts.
You said it much better than I did, and it's also the message Obama's advisor was pushing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

If you were rich 4 years ago... you're super rich now. Economic indicators tend to be OVERALL indicators, like GDP growth, inflation, unemployment, etc. But that doesn't talk about the relative impacts. If you spend 60% of your income on food + rent, the past 4 years have been terrible for you.

OTOH, if you spend < 10% of your income on those things (house paid off, high income, etc) you've done great.

And that's why I support higher minimum wages.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm And that's why I support higher minimum wages.
I support it to a point, as I've stated previously, but I think costs in general need to drop to more realistic levels. The "Wall St drives everything" model is destroying the economy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:58 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm And that's why I support higher minimum wages.
I support it to a point, as I've stated previously, but I think costs in general need to drop to more realistic levels. The "Wall St drives everything" model is destroying the economy.
Costs will never drop. And if they do, something has radically changed. Hopefully in the Star Trek way, not the "get your guns ready" way.
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm And that's why I support higher minimum wages
Have you ever shown how this cost ISN'T passed on to the people who just got the raise? Just like fast food in CA, that cost immediately raised prices. It's not like the owners said "Oh well. I guess I make less money now."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:46 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm And that's why I support higher minimum wages
Have you ever shown how this cost ISN'T passed on to the people who just got the raise? Just like fast food in CA, that cost immediately raised prices. It's not like the owners said "Oh well. I guess I make less money now."
Yes, look at the fast food sign board from CA I posted a few days ago. Average price went up 4% despite the minimum wage going up more than 20%. Labor can never be more than 100% of the component price of a good. And for fast food, it's around 25%.
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't see how showing me a price that went up because of wages is you showing how prices didn't go up because of wages. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:03 pm I don't see how showing me a price that went up because of wages is you showing how prices didn't go up because of wages. :-)
If you're the fast food worker, they went down substantially in PPP terms!
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

The law is already forcing businesses to close and jobs have been and will be lost. Plus, now we just count the days until those workers are replaced by machines.

What then?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:39 pm The law is already forcing businesses to close and jobs have been and will be lost. Plus, now we just count the days until those workers are replaced by machines.

What then?
Oh noes, the horrors. If they can't survive without the government tit feeing their employees, they shouldn't exist.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

You didn't answer the question. I'm asking "what then" about the employees, not the employers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:37 pm You didn't answer the question. I'm asking "what then" about the employees, not the employers.
Oh noes, they go get a job somewhere else because of record unemployment.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Are there many employment vectors out there that require zero skill or education, and don't involve holding a shovel? Most of these people couldn't hold the weight of a shovel.
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

oh noes. These people should be doing something other than trying to raise a family with a no skill low paying job made for high schoolers.

oh noes. I have no skills, never did anything to better myself so I can contribute to society and now I'm poor! Bail me out government! Make these people pay more even though I'm not worth it!