2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 pm That'd be interesting.

Today I learned Nikki Haley has quite the sexual past, which I support.
do tell.
According to "sworn witness testimony" she has had at least two affairs.
Troy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:40 pm Trump team is way out ahead of this. But, one doesn't simply "get" a dementia test out of the blue. And getting a series of them? He can crow about passing them all until the cows come home but it's a smoke/fire situation, and he's burning.
They probably figure his mental state would be questioned, which it should be. Neither he nor Biden are fit for office, yet this is who the parties are giving us.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:48 am According to "sworn witness testimony" she has had at least two affairs.
Well, then, she fits right in.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They're stealing the election from Vermin Supreme!!! :D

Ok, seriously though, how does Biden win based on these totals? They have to be assuming the unprocessed write ins are for him, right? I know it's just a primary, but shouldn't we count the write ins and not assume?
Meanwhile, Trump thumped Haley. She says she's not dropping out, but Biden-Trump 2 seems even more inevitable. Boooooooo!!!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:51 pm Ok, seriously though, how does Biden win based on these totals? They have to be assuming the unprocessed write ins are for him, right? I know it's just a primary, but shouldn't we count the write ins and not assume?
Apparently, I wasn't the only one wondering.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nikki Haley loses to nobody in Nevada.

Do you think she's just playing the long game and hoping Trump gets eliminated by the courts, and then she'll be the last one standing? Are other people allowed to re-enter if that happens?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:54 pm Do you think she's just playing the long game and hoping Trump gets eliminated by the courts, and then she'll be the last one standing? Are other people allowed to re-enter if that happens?
That'd be kinda awesome.

And I hope they wouldn't be able to come back. They kissed the boot, they go down with the teapot dictator.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I wouldn't let them back in.

And what happens on the other side if Biden wins the nomination and then suffers a stroke or something?

Is it then Haley vs Harris?

Would Harris even be eligible?

In that scenario, do you think we could get enough people to write in "Fetterman"?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:59 pm In that scenario, do you think we could get enough people to write in "Fetterman"?
Doubt.

Sadly this lays out all the likely scenarios, and none of them involve fights to death or pie eating: https://www.brookings.edu/articles/what ... uary-2025/
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS to hear case about removing Trump from the ballot.

The argument is he should be DQed due to the 14th amendment's insurrectionist clause.

The word "insurrection" was heavily pushed by a certain MSM outlet that has since only called them "rioters".

As someone who did not vote for Biden or Trump and won't again, the problem with this case, imho, is that Trump hasn't been convicted of trying to overthrow the government. He doesn't face any charges of insurrection either. He has simply been accused of egging on rioters, and even those claims would not survive a court of law, which is why he doesn't face charges.

Rioters that were unarmed, had no plan, and were not organized. Many of whom are now in jail, but none have been convicted of being insurrectionists.

Additionally, I assume Trump's lawyers will discuss all the failures of that day. Many of those failures fall on D leaders at various levels of government. Obviously, they weren't in on some grand coup to keep Trump in power, which again, proves there was no organized insurrection that day.

It seems odd this has reached SCOTUS.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's all moot. They sat at Pelosi's desk, that means they run the government now and first thing they did was disband the Supreme Court.

Wasn't there some congressman who had to hide in a closet or something? How much traction you think that guy gets at cocktail parties, telling his country-toppling war story over and over?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:17 am Wasn't there some congressman who had to hide in a closet or something?
I'm certain there are lots of Congresspeople hiding in closets...

AOC tells a harrowing story about barricading herself and others in an office a mile away. Is that what you're thinking about?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No, I wasn't thinking of anything in particular. I just know military peeps like embellishing their "I saw a bad guy with a gun once" stories into some serious combat shit when it's time to impress people.

I assume the quality of a politician is much less than that of a military person, so the stories are probably bigger. OMG I SURVIVED THE INSURECTION, AND I WAS IN THE THICK OF IT.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:25 pm OMG I SURVIVED THE INSURECTION, AND I WAS IN THE THICK OF IT.
Literally what AOC did.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Such a great summary of people excited to get out and vote again for their favorite letter.

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A: Goddam Reagan, he destroyed the economy and mental health care.
B: Well why haven't any presidents in the 40 years since fixed any of it?
A: That's whataboutism, MAGA!

A: Goddam W and his tax cuts, fucking it all up.
B: Well why didn't Obama or Biden fix it?

A: I wish gas was as low as it was back in the 90s!
B: It was that low for a long time under Trump.

There's no winning the argument, and no fixing people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Because the Democrats have had a total of 4 years of undivided government since 1981? 93-95, and 09-11.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No winning!

Another thing I ponder is how the republicans are all powerful when they control congress, and democrats are completely helpless. Judging by who gets blamed for what.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Haley reveals her thinking.

"It'll be me or Harris." (paraphrasing)

The problem for her is that we're less than a year away from the election. The odds of either guy dropping out or dropping dead right now is slim, let alone both. They're both ego driven, so quitting for "the greater good" isn't a concern for them. They also have great doctors.

Another problem with Haley's vision is I have heard a scenario that could play out is Biden becoming a "King Maker" by gifting his delegates to a different candidate at the DNC. So if he heard voters' claims that he's too old and decided to step aside, he'd essentially pick the candidate to run in his place. I have heard Harris probably would not be that person. She's polling worse than Biden. Gavin Newsome (the Southern Justin Trudeau) or...I forget the other person mentioned...would probably be the pick.

If the Ds want my vote they'll have him nominate Fetterman. I am still amazed this guy went from "No, but seriously, is he brain dead?" to the funniest and most truthful member of Congress in 3 years. A "Dave" situation being revealed someday in the future wouldn't be shocking. :D

As for Trump, the same DC political analyst says that the idea of Trump ruling from a prison cell is a pipe dream. None of his cases would ever go to trial that quickly, and she said the one in Atlanta is a complete shit show now thanks to Fani Willis. She doubts it'll ever get to trial as the whole situation with Willis has basically ruined the case. She also said upon winning he could legally pardon himself for all federal things.

Heading to third parties...

She said young people want to vote for Cornel West, which suggests to me that maybe we need to raise the voting age.

Meanwhile, it sounds like a Kennedy-Yang ticket is coming.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gen Z wants Trump to shake things up.

Combine this with the complete lack of excitement about Biden with young voters and the groundhog sees four more years of Trump.

OR

That insider I heard on a podcast will be right and Biden will give his delegates to a different candidate. Fingers crossed for Fetterman!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Someone tweeted this out as proof of election fraud/issues. Turning Point retweeted it... Then Maricopa responded. I hate (some) people.