2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:07 pm Leisher wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:25 pm
but wasn't Clinton close to having a balanced budget?

WE HAD A SURPLUS!!!!!! So briefly. :(
Didn't W give it back to us?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:00 pm Didn't W give it back to us?
Hahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahhaaahahhaa... No. 9/11 killed that, then the 07-08 financial crisis blew everything to hell.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I could have sworn W gave us all checks. I remember a huge debate about how it was unfair that the people that paid the most in taxes also got the biggest checks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:08 pm I could have sworn W gave us all checks. I remember a huge debate about how it was unfair that the people that paid the most in taxes also got the biggest checks.
That wasn't a surplus. That was just spending.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nah. I think I'm right. You are not remembering correctly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:29 pm Nah. I think I'm right. You are not remembering correctly.
lol.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

CO removes Trump from 2024 ballot.

For now, and SCOTUS will reinstate, so no real news here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure CO's SC ruled on party lines. No thoughts on this specific case, although I would say that he has yet to be convicted of anything insurrection related, and as such, their ruling is complete horseshit. Once he is, then it'd be valid. However, it truly drives me insane that judges rule on so many things based on their party affiliation. That alone shows how broken our country has become.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN guy says what we're thinking.

You're creating a martyr. Stop it.

Was Trump even going to win Colorado in the first place?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:51 pm CO removes Trump from 2024 ballot.

For now, and SCOTUS will reinstate, so no real news here.
CO realizes they're creating positive momentum for Trump and backtracks.

He's now on the ballot unless SCOTUS says he can't be.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Maine's Sec of State decides to remove Trump from the ballot.

Only 8 more states and Ds will tie the number of state ballots they removed Lincoln from!

And no, Trump and Lincoln are NOTHING alike. First of all, Lincoln was black. (Dear future reader, there are people currently trying to make the claim that Lincoln was black. You can find it in another thread here.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know who Trump's lawyer is, but he's an idiot.

My Obama example is a billion times better and doesn't open him up to mockery.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OMG OMG OMG.

Biden should do it. Then, the Congress should impeach Biden, THEN he can be convicted, or something - Honestly, who cares, they're both out of the running!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm OMG OMG OMG.

Biden should do it. Then, the Congress should impeach Biden, THEN he can be convicted, or something - Honestly, who cares, they're both out of the running!
Ok, you have my attention. I'm down with this plan.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I assume that's satirical, but... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna133721 also true
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, this was predictable. Although, to be fair, I don't think any candidate is getting enough press to be known to voters. It's just Trump and a bunch of also-rans.

He should run as a D. He'd get tons of votes from people because of his skin color. :D
Troy

Post by Troy »

We gonna act like skin color or party are the greatest detriment to Vivek being a candidate when it's clearly HIM OPENING HIS MOUTH AND SPEAKING.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Obama was a one term senator, and was said to have more "community organizer" experience running the country than a long term senator with a state governor as VP.

It's all about skin color.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."