2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw that this morning too.

I was genuinely happy the lady tried to do a "gotcha" on them. It resulted in that elections official publicly spelling out why she is wrong and what happens in such a situation. Something I did not know, but feel better about knowing.

I don't mind people doing the "gotcha" stuff, but where they become an asshole to me is when they try to dunk before getting the rest of the story. Aubrey shouldn't have dunked and should instead have asked "why".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 am I don't mind people doing the "gotcha" stuff, but where they become an asshole to me is when they try to dunk before getting the rest of the story. Aubrey shouldn't have dunked and should instead have asked "why".
There's 99% of social media ruined. Like the Wendy's person. They should have gotten the story first. They should have been informed. They should have asked "why?" But it's easier just to post bullshit.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:31 am Someone tweeted this out as proof of election fraud/issues. Turning Point retweeted it... Then Maricopa responded. I hate (some) people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Come on. That's what doxxing is. It isn't hacking and finding secret info and making it public, it's finding the public stuff and broadcasting it wide for a target audience.

Judging by the nature of some opposing her I'd bet broadcasting her name and home town as part of this was not only unnecessary, but malicious.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:48 am Come on. That's what doxxing is. It isn't hacking and finding secret info and making it public, it's finding the public stuff and broadcasting it wide for a target audience.
100% disagree. This lady already said what county she lives in and her REAL NAME. If she had posted under an alias with all that info blacked out, THEN it would have been doxxing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As expected, SCOTUS rules unanimously that Trump can't be taken off the ballot in Colorado.

Barring a medical emergency or Biden giving his delegates away, it's Trump-Biden 2.

Meanwhile, Garland just announced that he is going to focus on getting rid of voter ID laws because "they're discriminatory". Seriously, if you really believe that is your IQ in the 60s? There is no reason to get rid of ID checks in voting unless you're trying to rig an election. Anyone can get an ID. They're free. The best and most honest argument I've ever heard for how IDs are racist is that many black people can't go get a free ID due to warrants. (It was made by a political left black person and he was dead serious.) It's absolutely invalid, but it's more legit than "people can't afford them".

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Keith Olbermann is taking it well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Dude's been off his rocker for a while.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:33 am Keith Olbermann is taking it well.
Wow, a clear and public call for insurrection. Bold move.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Paid D propagandist tried a different tactic and is getting ratioed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What does ratiod mean
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:52 pm What does ratiod mean
The ratio of comments to likes. Typically, if people like what you're saying, high likes, low comments. If they don't like it: Low likes, high comments.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's also getting pointed out that he specifically chose the black guy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So from your comment, do more people like it, or hate it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:44 pm It's also getting pointed out that he specifically chose the black guy.
Had nothing to do with race. He chose Ginny's husband.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:48 pm So from your comment, do more people like it, or hate it?
Hate it. Lots of comments, few likes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:44 pm It's also getting pointed out that he specifically chose the black guy.
Had nothing to do with race. He chose Ginny's husband.
He chose the Uncle Tom.

Ds love black people until they stop doing as they're told.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:01 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:48 pm So from your comment, do more people like it, or hate it?
Hate it. Lots of comments, few likes.
Well that's good
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Keith taking Ls.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Catt, we need a remind me...

Rob Reiner says he will set himself on fire if Trump wins.

Also: