2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 pm We gonna act like skin color or party are the greatest detriment to Vivek being a candidate when it's clearly HIM OPENING HIS MOUTH AND SPEAKING.
It's wild to me that, somewhat recently, Howard Dean's career ended because he gave a weird "Yeehaa" after a speech, yet now we have Rs and Ds making some of the dumbest and worst statements politicians can possibly make and nobody bats an eye.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Former President Donald Trump on Friday appeared to confuse Nikki Haley with former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi when talking about the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol and again repeated false claims about Pelosi.

“By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6. You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they -- did you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it, because of lots of things, like Nikki Haley is in charge of security, we offered her 10,000 people, soldiers, national guards, whatever they want. They turned it down,” Trump said.

The Speaker of the House is not responsible for US Capitol security, as CNN previously fact-checked. Pelosi’s office has explicitly said she was not even presented with an offer of 10,000 troops, and the speaker of the House has no authority to prevent the deployment of the District of Columbia National Guard.
In economics, math, etc, you learn all the ways that people fall into suboptimal choices. But how we ended up here with these 2, I don't understand at all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

DeSantis is out

What would it take for Haley to be the Republican nomination? Trump dying? Not like those people vote for women.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm What would it take for Haley to be the Republican nomination? Trump dying?
Basically. Hell, I'd argue that it's looking more and more likely that's the only way he doesn't win the whole fucking thing.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm Not like those people vote for women.
Your bigotry is showing. Also, based upon how woke white women are truly the root cause of everything going wrong in this world, maybe they're not wrong? :lol:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:18 pm Your bigotry is showing. Also, based upon how woke white women are truly the root cause of everything going wrong in this world, maybe they're not wrong?
MY bigotry?
There are four Black Republicans in the House — twice as many as in the last session. That’s a record for Republicans in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Women are making steady gains in the Republican Party in the House, with 33 GOP women in the House, according to the Center for Women in American Politics. That’s up from 13 House Republican women in 2019.
The data speaks for itself.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:29 pmMY bigotry?
Not towards women. Towards people who don't vote like you.

Also, the data really doesn't speak for itself. I'd argue is contradicts your point considering those two groups don't vote R, and thus, the number of them actually seeking office as an R would be pretty small.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 pm Not towards women. Towards people who don't vote like you.
I know what you meant, still incorrect.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 pm I'd argue is contradicts your point considering those two groups don't vote R, and thus, the number of them actually seeking office as an R would be pretty small.
Because Rs won't vote for them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:36 pm I know what you meant, still incorrect.
Everyone, EVERYONE, is a bigot in some shape or form.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:36 pm Because Rs won't vote for them.
But your own data says they are... The data that's useless without showing the number of blacks and women who actually sought office as Rs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:44 pm The data that's useless without showing the number of blacks and women who actually sought office as Rs.
Then you'd have to understand the intent of the party at every election, not the people on the ballots.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The party that says sexist and racist things or the one that actually engages in blatant sexism and racism?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yes, the humans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:32 pmYes, the humans.
They suck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I see there is a campaign underway in New Hampshire to write in Biden. Why is he off their ballot?

More importantly, is the Supreme Vermin on it? (Isn't that the guy who wears the boot on his head?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if he dropped out just so he could stop wearing those ridiculous lifts + heels of his?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fake Biden robocall in NH urges D voters to save their vote for Nov.

They blame Rs despite having no evidence about who was behind the robocalls. I'm really skeptical the Rs had anything to do with it. It just wouldn't make sense. Why sabotage Biden in NH, especially when he's off the ballot? Also, why sabotage a primary when you could do robocalls for the actual vote?

I would wager this is some third party pulling a prank or seeing what they could get away with. Remember, foreign actors (China and Russia) actively spread misinformation during the last election. Which somehow isn't an act of war...
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:01 am I see there is a campaign underway in New Hampshire to write in Biden. Why is he off their ballot
Here's why:
Biden’s name will not appear on the ballot in the upcoming New Hampshire primary on Tuesday over a dispute between the state and the Democratic National Committee, which voted to move the New Hampshire primary out of its traditional first-in-the nation position. As a result, there is an organized effort to write-in Biden’s name.
I'm rooting for Vermin Supreme or Paperboy Love Prince.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OK, let's do it. (The 2nd part)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That'd be interesting.

Today I learned Nikki Haley has quite the sexual past, which I support.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

who tf is nikki haley, because the btch is spamming my smss
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 pm That'd be interesting.

Today I learned Nikki Haley has quite the sexual past, which I support.
do tell.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Trump team is way out ahead of this. But, one doesn't simply "get" a dementia test out of the blue. And getting a series of them? He can crow about passing them all until the cows come home but it's a smoke/fire situation, and he's burning.