Weird dream dreams

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:06 am Welcome to the conclusion every one else had 20 years ago.
Right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was at some historical exhibit in England with my family. I had gone in the morning, and was trying to get back in. I thought I had my ticket from the morning, but didn't. Then the line got really busy so I just made my way in anyway.

We weren't there for the exhibit, we were trying to see the doctor there because our youngest was sick.

We got to the doctor, and I was walking around since we were just waiting, but I ended up back in an exhibit space, and they wanted my ticket again. I tried to explain I was just there for the doctor. Then some Italian couple barged in front of me (again, a 3-deep line at the counter for tickets), and they were getting their tickets sorted. I, again, just walked back in.

Then it was 1960. I told my family we had to be careful not to tip anyone off that we were from the future. I was also trying to figure out how to get things from the past that might be valuable, but we had no old money to use. We were still walking around some building, and someone came up to me, looked down and said "Wow, nice Chuck Taylor's!" I looked down, not knowing which shoes I was wearing, and they were full leather shoes. I wasn't sure if that was unusual for 1960, so I just replied "Leather."

I then bent over for something, and a coin fell out of my bag. I picked it up and went to my family and was like "Hey! Look at this! We have a 1954 Indian head dime we can use!" Then I woke up.

(The only Indian head coins I know of are the late 1800s penny and early 1900s nickel). Pretty sure the 1954 dime was a normal Roosevelt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:00 am I then bent over for something
Staying with the theme, was that something Gordon? :D

I don't remember much of my dream last night except that an ex and I passed one another on a side street. I stopped. She turned around, parked, and jumped into my car. We were chatting and my alarm went off.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am

I don't remember much of my dream last night except that an ex and I passed one another on a side street. I stopped. She turned around, parked, and jumped into my car. We were chatting and my alarm went off.
Stupid alarms.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:06 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am

Stupid alarms.
Too many times to count my alarm has awakened me from the best part of a dream. I should file the world's first hostile dream environment lawsuit against alarm makers and society in general for making them needed items.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was in Mexico had met this woman who decided that she would come back to the United States with me. I had been living in the same house with her. Then the daycare and we were supposed to leave and I was nervous because I was married in the United States. Then my wife showed up at the house too. I really wasn’t sure how she was going to react. But then the woman I had met in Mexico told me that she could not go with me because her son who looked to be about five years old, was being threatened by his dad who said he would kill him if she left. Strangely in the video guy also has several women hostage like a harem in various states of undress. The woman was very upset in my wife tried to console her and I did too, although I was partially relieved that I wouldn’t have to explain to my wife why this woman was coming home with us when my wife thought she was just trying to escape the United States.

So I packed my stuff and went down to the boat station to leave the town. The boats leave town very much like those ones that you see in the Florida Everglades except the fan was in the front instead of the back, and it was much smaller the boats were longer to more people. we took the boat to the bus then we got to the bus station and realized I left one of my bags behind at the house. I ran back to get my bag and then I tried to run back to the boat station but the boat station left right before right as I got there.

At the station I was talking to some other tourists, and we are all marveling at how much the town had changed in 30 years like they’re barely used to be a taco stand, and now there’s all sorts of buildings and restaurants and everything in the area we were apparently in or around ziuhwatenejo. And then realized that I had booked a one-way ticket to Mexico and needed another book another ticket home, but wasn’t sure how long we wanted to stay in Mexico City before we flew home.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

My wife and I’m had decided to move to Durham which is the city next-door to where we live. I found this really cool multilevel house except it was actually an apartment of some kind. We were on the top story of the building friends and my brother also decided to move into the same building. It was really laid out just like a house inside, except there was large corridor Connecting all of the living places. I was very excited because they had a lot of amenities such as a large pool that I would be able to use during the day since I was work from home. The hard part was trying to figure out what new restaurants we should go to Since we live in a new city.

Then I was walking through the halls where I used to work, and I met up with the rest of the architects of software who I worked with on special projects. I told them that my entire goal every time we met was to try and get certain people to either laugh or make double entendres. Then I was riding through the halls with on a chair and trying to find the cubicle where I used to work, but they had cleared it out and replaced it with accounting, and they were packed in like sardines. And some black guy took my chair while I was still on it, and he was rolling around the office very fast, and he took a corner too fast and we wrecked and laughed.

Then I was in a dorm room with my wife and she just said that we should try anal sex, but we had no lube. I was able to get the tip in but no further and she said we should give up. Unfortunately, there was a tiny speck of poop on my penis decided I needed to go wash it off. walked into the hallway, and I was still naked with the door locked behind me. I said I would be fine as long as I got to the bathroom this part of the hall had another door before he got to the bigger part of the hall I found the restroom and walked in and started to wash my junk. Then I heard voices and was like oh shit I’m still naked then I also realized I was in the men’s room, so who cared and then I woke up
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was back in college and went to a party at a dorm room. Lots of my college friends were there. As I walked in I saw someone who looked familiar, but wasn't sure it was him and said "Ed," he turned his head so I said "Ed H---------?" and he said "OMG - Geoff Catt?" Despite being back in college, it was real time, 30 years later, and we spent most of the party catching up. I asked if he had kids, and he said "No, between myself and my wife being in the hospital so many times." (no basis in reality here, afaik) I then went to get a beer, but it was the 2nd to last bottle in the fridge. Then someone walked in with 2 gallon bottles of Cuervo.

I went out the dorm to catch up with some other people at a nearby bar. Only, the bar was outside. It's schtick was that there were beach/pool chairs everywhere, and you could just recline and chill in them. They were the old style narrow-plastic/rubber strip ones like when we were kids. I looked at my watch and was confused why it was so bright since it was 11:30pm. I told my friends that it was 11:30pm, and they were shocked it was so late. I decided to return to the dorm party, and got up to walk over, crossing the street. I was super drunk all of a sudden and walking was very weird. The street was a very wide two lane street, and a cop car was coming, then pulled a u-turn right in front of the crosswalk. Then a bus came down and looked like it was nearly going to hit me but didn't. As I was walking I realized I had lost my wallet, and was frantic since it meant I wouldn't be able to fly home.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was taking a trip to Amsterdam by way of Paris. Instead of waiting in the airport lobby, you waited on the plan itself. The pilots weren't there yet, but I was there with both of our dogs. I was in the front row of the plane. But, despite it being a very large plane, there was no divider between myself and where the pilots sat. I could see out their large windows (like 4 feet high), and see their chairs and all of the controls. My dogs were lying on the floor. When the pilots showed up, the main pilot said I needed to be closer to the window so he could get in his seat. I asked him how long before we would take off, as I wanted to make sure the dogs peed first. He said we had a couple of hours, but we needed to do a lap first. We taxiied from one side of the airport to the other. Then he opened the door and said I could take the dogs out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Visited an art museum, and the outdoor portion was a lovely naturalish area with paths, and grassy areas and trees. All of the trees were real, but also in the style of various artists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Dreamt I was a boudoir photographer (hopefully happening this year), and had a cute young couple come over and test poses in lingerie. The woman was super hot, and told me at the end how much she loved my process and how comfortable she felt working with me. They got dressed and left, then I noticed there were paint issues with the room, and that I'd need to reach out to the contractor again to get them fixed.

It was one of those realistic dreams where you wake up, not sure if it was real or not for a bit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Only fragments remaining...

First dream, I was trying to cross Franklin St (in Chapel Hill, where I went to college) with my wife. It was 4 lanes with a turn lade in the middle. It was early night/late dusk, but NO cars had their headlights on. It was maddening. I don't remember the first crossing well. On the 2nd crossing, my wife was behind me and I was in the middle of the street. It looked like she was going to get hit, but she moved. I started crossing again, and a big white all-electric Rivian-style SUV was coming towards me. I thought the driver would stop, but she was mad and just kept coming. I managed to jump up just in time as she came, my legs just missing the hood of the SUV as I jumped up, then pulled my legs over.

Second dream, I was at a play in Kansas City with my wife. Next to us were a bunch of KC Chiefs players, still celebrating after their SB win. At the intermission, Patrick Mahomes came over to talk to the other players, and was sitting facing towards us, leaning on the backs of the chairs in front of us. He leaned over, and gestured to see my wife's hand. He said "Nice ring, how long yall been married?" My wife replied "21 years," and he did that 'I'm impressed' kind of whistle back. Then Patrick was gone and some rednecky lineman kind of player replaced him. My wife thought he was from SC, but turns out he was from MO.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was living in a dorm type situation. I was playing some online video game that lots of other people in the dorm were playing, too. For some reason, most people left their dorm rooms unlocked. So I walked around trying to find people who's computers were also unlocked so I could send their troops away and attack them. One PC I found was unlocked, and I loaded up the game, and sent away his troops. Each command I sent would show up in the browser home page as the last thing done. I couldn't remember what it was on before I started, but heard someone coming in the back of the room (who knew dorm rooms had two entrances?), so I panicked, loaded up CNN.COM and left. I went upstairs to hide in a friend's room, but I couldn't fit under the bed because it was too low to the ground.

The guy came in the room, and I came clean about what I did, and he said "Oh, that's fine, it's just a game and I was thinking of quitting anyway." Then he said "Hey, weren't you working on some code for <something>?" I said yes, and he said "oh, come downstairs and I'll give you my code."

So we went back to his dorm room, and he tossed (I don't know why instead of handing) a 1 TB memory card at me, and it landed on the floor. Then he said "Wait, there's more." and tossed over 2 more cards. Seemed awfully large for whatever the code was supposed to be. Then a cat came and started trying to eat the 3rd card, and I pried it out of his mouth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I'm walking down the top floor of the mall and some dude walking near me. Just decides to spit on the floor which I think is disgusting. So I throw up a hand just like what the hell are you doing dude. He looks at me raises both his fist and it's like do you want to go? You want to go? And then the third guy walks by and sees this and he looks at me as like. Okay. Let's fight that first guy. Jo, not much happens but then we end up walking by the railing and the first guy decides to go at me again and I throw him over the railing. And the second guy is like dude that's f***** up and starts to fight me and then I throw him over the railing too. Now I can hear is him screaming and then he hits and stops screaming. And then I'm walking through the mall trying to figure out if people going to report me to the police or not.

I'm at a computer terminal and I'm trying to debug a script in Linux but I don't know what editor to use. My uncle is there and he says he would look it up and that it would have emax on it. But I said I would rather just use vim. So I load of the script, edit it and move on. Then i am at the porch of a house where I grew up and this house is at the bottom of a cul-de-sac overlooking the cul-de-sac from a bit of a hill and from the left hand side a bunch of water. His streaming in just huge amounts of water like the biggest white water you've ever seen. But the flow of the water kind of abs and flows. And then I realize I have a microphone in my hand and I'm supposed to give a speech. But the water is so loud that I can't talk go over it. I'm trying to figure it out who I can ask to make the water quieter. Then the water is gone and all of a sudden I'm in this large cavernous kind of three-story Hall and there are people all sorts of dressed up waiting for my speech. My speech is about the British empire and I realize I have no notes and I don't really know that much to say about the British empire. And then I finished my speech by saying something about how it's been wonderful to travel throughout pieces of the former British empire. But we have to recognize the legacy of what happened as a result of the bridge empire and come up with solutions that address it head on. In the crowd I can see at least two well-dressed black women nodding their heads agreeing with what I'm saying. I conclude by thanking my Uncle George for helping me with a Linux coding issue I had earlier which gets a lot of laughs from the crowd. And asked if she can add something to my speech and I decide okay and hand her the microphone and then I go sit behind a podium. But then she doesn't say anything and she just stands there for about 20 seconds. Then I look back and I realize that there's a recession that null going on and people are leaving and some random teenage kid has the microphone. So take the microphone back and I look out and there's just these huge Halls of people and I join the recess.

I'm in a very large airplane that is flying but is completely empty. There's no pilot. There's no one else on board. And somehow I realize thad this plane has somehow completely been lost control of and we're just flying until we run out of fuel. Then somehow I realize I can turn a plane around and I do so. But unfortunately that's all I can do. So I try to go out to the front of the cockpit. See what I can do but I know I can't do anything else with this plane. And I realize the plane is going to crash and so I curl up into a crash position. Knowing that I'm going to die with the plane, then the plane crashes and I don't die
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:20 am And then I'm walking through the mall trying to figure out if people going to report me to the police or not.
I did, but I'm on hold.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:20 am And then I'm walking through the mall trying to figure out if people going to report me to the police or not.
I did, but I'm on hold.
in my defense, they started it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Had a dream that I decided to retire December 2025. Considering it.
Cakedaddy

Weird dream dreams

Post by Cakedaddy »

Wife and I have been having serious talks about doing the same. I'm just not sure what I'd do with my time. So, I'm working towards finding my replacement as far as running the business. They'd get paid more, I'd get paid less as they take on my responsibilities. I want to be the old owner that's involved just enough to earn a pay check, but not enough that I'll be breaking things or getting in the way.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Had a dream I was in high school and created a plot to kill one of my classmates. It worked, and I induced someone I know to poison her. Later we were back at the house where it had happened, and I realized something was up. Two people I knew thought I had done it, and used a handwriting sample from middle school to prove I had done it based on the note left at the scene. I decided not to implicate anyone else who had been a part and just took the blame.

Because I was 16, I wasnt immediately arrested, but said I'd drive myself to the police station. I didn't want to go to juvie, that was my biggest fear. I wouldn't have to tell my parents because my mom was dead already, and my dad had dementia. I also realized I was super rich. So decided it might not matter that they arrested me, lol.