Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

So... one of my clients hasn't paid me. So I decided to try out the PPP program just to see how it goes. My claim is pretty small, but it's pay the mortgage type money, so we'll see what happens.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: So... one of my clients hasn't paid me. So I decided to try out the PPP program just to see how it goes. My claim is pretty small, but it's pay the mortgage type money, so we'll see what happens.
Think that's going around.

Had a client balk at a very reasonable March bill this week. Usual project overrun deal - they had fire drills and last minute changes that drove up more hours then they expected. Hoping we can talk them down to a small discount.
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Your chances of the PPP loan are very low, in my opinion. I'm way ahead of you in the queue, and I have very little hope I'll see anything. Everything I'm reading "With the new money, we are opening up for new applications while we continue to work on the previous apps we never got to."

I ended up with a 5k grant from a local group, and consider myself pretty fortunate. I applied for others, but hold little hope after 3+ weeks of no contact. I ain't got no lobbyists/contacts!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, figure the odds are low, but figured I'd try with the new round opening on Monday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I had a dream I got the money :)

!RmindMe 5/31/2020
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know what the process was like for you, Cake, with a real business. As sole prop, it was super easy. "Here's the amount; Here's my Schedule C"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

ALL of the apps for money have been easy (Unemployment has been the biggest headache). "Here's my W-3 and/or 940 from 2019 and I'm not a felon, or an idiot". The problem, is getting in fast enough to get processed and paid before the money runs out. I was processed today with my bank. So I actually have two apps for the PPP loan right now at two different banks. Whoever gets it done first. . .
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Does this mean we won't be getting any more processed pork products (hot dogs, sausage, etc) or will meat disappear from the mean department? I associate those companies with frozen dinners, etc. If you eat whole foods, you shouldn't be impacted, until the people start buying real meat when their TV dinners are gone.

That's my take anyway. But to say the "food supply is breaking" because 15% of pork isn't making it to market seems like someone has some delusions of grandeur!
thibodeaux

Post-Corona Economy

Post by thibodeaux »

Unless you're killin' and skinnin' it yourself, all meat is "processed" to some degree. If you buy it at a supermarket and it's wrapped in plastic, it was "processed," even if that was just being killed and cut up at a slaughterhouse. The CNN article you linked mentions that slaughterhouses are affected.

So, if you're a meat-lover (phrasing) it might not be a bad idea to call up your local high school's FFA chapter and see if they have a connection. My tiny high school didn't, but the next one over actually had a slaughterhouse operation. This was 30 years ago though, so who knows.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

We're all getting stimulus checks, and I was just making sure they had my correct information since two years ago, the tax forms they are gonig by, I still had a joint bank account with the ex-wife.

So I go to the IRS.gov site, and they direct me to "freefilefillableforms.com" to enter my tax information, bank account information, social securuty number, etc.

And I'm supposed to trust freefilefillableforms.com with this information? Because this seems like a terrible idea.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

And to address the earlier point, Tyson processes 20% of all meat eaten in the USA. And if Tyson is in trouble, the others are worse off. Things are going to really fucking suck for non-vegetarians, soon.

Scratch that, we're all going to be vegetarians soon, and it'll suck.

https://sentientmedia.org/tyson-foods/
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: and they direct me to "freefilefillableforms.com" to enter my tax information, bank account information, social securuty number, etc.

And I'm supposed to trust freefilefillableforms.com with this information? Because this seems like a terrible idea.
That does seem... odd. I dunno.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: So I go to the IRS.gov site, and they direct me to "freefilefillableforms.com" to enter my tax information, bank account information, social securuty number, etc.

Make sure you give them the answers to all your security questions too!

If this a legit site...holy shit...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Verified with my tax accountant (mother). She didn't believe me at first, then looked, and said, "Oh, they're using Turbo Tax's site. Weird."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

As much as our government collects in taxes, it's amazing how unprepared we are for a pandemic, how tragically behind the times they are technologically speaking, and so on, but we definitely don't have problems giving senators raises!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but we definitely don't have problems giving senators raises!
??

They haven't had a raise since 2009.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
??

I was just ranting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
??

I was just ranting.
But they're not getting a raise, so I'm a little confused as to what you are ranting about.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Where is all the money going? Why is this country so Ill prepared for anything? Why are basic services being eliminated? Why is everyone who gets elected a multimillionaire upon leaving office?

I’m a bit irritated after viewing an Ohio Supreme Court session from Dec for the bullshit class I’m in. No way do things ever improve without bloodshed.