Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

It never occurred to me that one of the ways to pick up an airhead was to just lie about how much I made, because they weren't going to know better.

It's obvious, in retrospect. The ol' "Oops accidentally flashed this million dollar balance ATM receipt" trick.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

It's easy to make someone believe what they hope is real.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:59 pm It never occurred to me that one of the ways to pick up an airhead was to just lie about how much I made, because they weren't going to know better.

It's obvious, in retrospect. The ol' "Oops accidentally flashed this million dollar balance ATM receipt" trick.
I never tried to pick up airheads, instance turn-off.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

As always, depends. Sometimes you're looking for good cardio, not good conversation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:55 pm As always, depends. Sometimes you're looking for good cardio, not good conversation.
Not judging, to each their own, and all that. But I just couldn't. Once they say something indicating their stupidity my penis is like "I'm out"

Guess I was a sapiosexual before millenials + Gen Z got all stupid about labels.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I've taken swings at all kinds of monsters. Vegetarians, liberals, navy girls. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I don't have a ton of game... I just kind of have good hygiene, be myself, and see what happens.

I seem to attract nurses, and teachers.

I tend to lose the ones looking for someone to buy them coke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:05 pm I seem to attract nurses, and teachers.
Hot.
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:05 pm I tend to lose the ones looking for someone to buy them coke.
Soda is expensive these days.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Or meth.

The ones for coke are dressed trendy and looking at the car, and think I'm a rube. The ones looking for meth have bad skin and missing teeth and think I talk like a fag.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:19 pm think I talk like a fag.
I mean...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:30 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:19 pm think I talk like a fag.
I mean...
"It says in your chart that your shit's all retarded, and you talk like a fag."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Yep, everything is fine.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Target's sales fall for the first time in 7 years.

Bidenomics? Target losing its luster? Right wingers still boycotting?
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The shopping boom that happened post COVID is winding down? They even say that in the article. Trillions of dollars were injected into the economy causing a boom. That's eventually going to correct.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:01 pm The shopping boom that happened post COVID is winding down? They even say that in the article. Trillions of dollars were injected into the economy causing a boom. That's eventually going to correct.
Ridiculous. By your logic, Biden didn't create more jobs than any other president in history and these are all jobs just coming back post-pandemic.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Catt, thoughts?

I'll tell you whose post this was after you give your thoughts. You will never guess who posted this. I could probably give you 100 guesses and you wouldn't be close.
“These principles are timeless”

Median home price in USA is 382k in 2024

15 year fixed rate today is 6.81%

Let’s pretend you were able to save 10% for a down payment (38k)

Mortgage is 344k

Payments per month would be $3051 before taxes, insurance, and possible PMI

Payments would be about $3500 with everything, on average

If you only allowed to use 1/4 of your salary per month, you must make 14k per month or 168k per year

Ramsey actually said it needs to be 1/4 of your take home pay so you are looking at needing to make 250k plus before taxes

Median household income in the USA is $74,480

You will own nothing and be happy
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm sorry you can't move right into your forever home. How about you do what most people do and buy what you can afford right now. Spend some years fixing it up and throw some sweat equity into it. Then, along with the appreciation, move in to your forever home that costs way more than you can afford when you are just starting out. Take your sweat equity, plus appreciation, and you can now afford the $1500/month your dream house costs.

How much was your 1st house worth when you moved in. Was it the $350k house you wanted? Or the $150k house you could afford? Then you took what that house made you, and upgraded, and also were probably making more given your years of work experience. Then you sold your last house for WAY more than you paid and are ready to upgrade again.

Fuck these millennials that want what they are moving out of when their parents worked 20+ years to get there.

Honestly. I do not feel sorry for anyone that thinks they can't live in a house that's worth less than $382k when they are just starting out. That being said, the median house in Michigan is $220k. $382 is a lot of house here. Did the 'starter home' idea go away from some reason?
Median includes people that have worked their entire lives to have what they have. Which is WAY more than a millennial has now. They are just starting out. They will be below the median for a while. Maybe I'm a late bloomer. Did anyone here start at the top or even just above median? I'm also assuming "just starting out" because the example said "Save up for a down payment". I mean seriously. Who thinks they can buy a $382k house right out of the gate?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:00 am 15 year fixed rate today is 6.81%
Why is this person using a 15 year mortgage and not 30, as the example?

30 year that payment is $2,289. That gives us annual income of $110k using their 25% number. Conventional wisdom is 28%, which gives us $98,100 of income.

So buy a slightly below median house.

You use the correct mortgagee, and that post it the most optimistic thing I've read about buying a house in a while.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

It was, of all people, Louis CK.

I did not notice the 15 year instead of 30. Good catch. I'll argue all day that houses are overpriced currently thanks to several factors, but I knew this post was wrong.

Also, I'm in total agreement with Cake's post. The disconnection with a lot of younger people is indeed they want what their parents have now and do not have any concept of working for it, earning it, building up to it, etc.

People should be able to afford to live when they're at their first job, but not like kings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:35 am It was, of all people, Louis CK.
OK, so yeah, not exactly a reliable source of financial information.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

The show House Hunters doesn't help, with their 26 year old couples, "He collects baseball cards, she sharpens colored pencils, their budget is $800k."

Gives a skewed perception of reality.