Baldur's Gate 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

I'm a bit leery about paying full price for a super long RPG for multi. If it was going to be the new jam for our Friday night multi sessions, I would be down. However, I'd prefer the full crew for that. I know Cake has some interest, but I'm betting his hesitation would be similar.

Keep in mind, I'm still waiting to play Dying Light 2...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

All good, i can understand that. This would be a game where some nights might be just one fight or no fights at all, definitely a very long game. i also know how you guys would feel if i played ahead of the campaign and i'm not sure i'd want to wait that long to play.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

That's why D&D was so perfect. You couldn't play ahead.

By the way, who is playing Among Us all the time? Your kid?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:30 pm By the way, who is playing Among Us all the time? Your kid?
Yep, that'd be Owen. He has my old computer and plays that quite a bit. I believe you gifted that to me! :D
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

You know I typically am running Firestone RPG (an idle game) whether I'm at home or the office, so I see notifications pop up all the time about you playing Among Us. Figured it was the kid, but maybe you were bored at the office!
Troy

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Troy »

Owned this because I really liked the trailer with the dragon riders. Have done the tutorial a few times in early access. Seems interesting but nothing grabs me. Didn't know it had multi.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

This is the first game i got to choose my genitalia. :shock:

I chose to have a penis..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:01 am I chose to have a penis..
Why start now?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:40 amWhy start now?
At lease i can roll play it!

...and when i say choose my genitalia, i mean the pants are off and you choose what your member looks like. Wasn't expecting that at all.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:08 am i mean the pants are off and you choose what your member looks like. Wasn't expecting that at all.
I think I saw something like that in a video a few weeks ago? But they didn't go into detail about HOW customizable it would be.

Link I saw: https://kotaku.com/baldurs-gate-3-genit ... 1850616353

But obviously you have more details now
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:59 pm Owned this because I really liked the trailer with the dragon riders. Have done the tutorial a few times in early access. Seems interesting but nothing grabs me. Didn't know it had multi.
Is it worse than previous BG games?

I'll be honest, I was far more anticipating the other dungeon crawler you had recommended.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:19 am Is it worse than previous BG games?
I know you didn't ask me this question, but its not worse than previous BG games (at least i don't believe so), i've also played those as well.

It's the same thing as far as many CRPG's go. you walk around in your chosen group of 4 of which you can freely switch your party up at will. All combat is turn based, you can talk to anybody even the animals if you have the right skills to do so. Your decisions are your own, you can be as good or as bad as you want to be. Many hard choices have to be made and will have an effect on the rest of your campaign. If someone in your group doesn't agree with your choices, they may leave your group.

Troy if you get a chance to play it i'd try it again and i'd like to hear what you have to say. I played 25 hours of the early access last weekend, which is just about all of act 1, and the release version is already quite a bit different the EA version.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Troy »

It's at the very least a much smoother version of traditional turn based Baldur's Gate Gameplay.

It's pretty hard. The last few times I keep wishing I made my primary dude a tank then regret it later. May need to fix before going further.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

I simply can't sing the praises of this game enough. Fights are hard, you have to remember that you're playing D&D and not some JRPG, where you just hack and slash your way through everything.

I'm playing co-op with a WOW buddy and early in the game you come across a boss fighting another NPC. Your companions just want you to run past them and get to the exit. There's no way at lvl 1 you're going to beat that guy. He came up with the idea of using the Cleric to cast (Command: drop weapon) on the boss who has some sweet +1 flaming two handed sword. I didn't think there would be a chance it would work. The spell showed a 55% chance of working. We had to save scum it twice, but we wanted to know if it would work, and it did! We picked up that weapon and got the hell outta there. Now his Barbarian has a sweet ass weapon at level 1 and smacking the shit out of everything.

Another time, i found that you can throw healing pots at the ground to do an AOE heal on others. I mis-clicked the ground and targeted my ally, hit him with a crit and died!

Had a tough fight with lots of goblins in close proximity. Before we engaged, we knew we had to come up with another way to fight this fight. We weren't going to go in guns a blazing and come out alive. Decided to give a flame barrel to the rogue, sneak him up into the group of enemies and drop the barrel. This made him come out of invis and immediately initiate combat. No problem, he misty stepped outta there and the ranger shot a flaming arrow into the barrel killing 3 and leaving the others in flames. Hard fight turned easy.

There are so many little things like this that make combat so tactical and fun. Not to mention the story and how companions are pulling you in different directions. You really feel like you're roll playing more than any game I've ever played. Playing good vs evil isn't so black and white either, there's lots of grey area where you may think you're doing something good or evil but come to find out depending on who you're talking that may not be the case.

Also, no fetch quests. This is so common in just about every game now. Sure, there are quests, but they're more about moving the story forward than anything else. you just roam the map, and you will run into events and NPC's that will put you in situations that you never saw coming.

I'm not trying to post this to get you guys to play with me, i've got someone i'm co-op'ing with. But do it for yourself, truly a can't miss game.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

I'm looking forward to playing it, but I'm thinking X-Mas Sale is the earliest I'll grab it.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Like life imitating art, i've desecrated a grave (who knows what that dog collar will do if i put it on) and managed to lose an eyeball. But i got an upgrade, in return i got a new eye and now i can see invis up to 30 feet.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

It's not role playing if it's actually what you would do...
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Somebody made a group of 4 halfling barbarians and made this hilarious video. Those character models are fantastic. It’s hilarious the things you can do with a little imagination in this game. And yes, those dialog scenes are straight from the game.

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

PC Gamer says BG3 ruined Starfield.

BG3 is really this game changing?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:32 pm PC Gamer says BG3 ruined Starfield.

BG3 is really this game changing?
I dunno. I bought both but have only played Starfield, and that reviewer feels right to me so far.