The SCOTUS thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

You've lost me.

SCOTUS took away from women the reproductive rights that men never had, evening the score.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:09 pm You've lost me.

SCOTUS took away from women the reproductive rights that men never had, evening the score.
Men probably never had them, because they don't have wombs.

And losing rights isn't a win.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

Nor is never having the rights in the first place.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:47 pm Nor is never having the rights in the first place.
Sometimes you have to make things simple.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

True, "LOL Fuck Men" is pretty simple.

But back to my entire point, SCOTUS stripping women of reproductive rights simply put them on the exact same level as men.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:01 pm But back to my entire point, SCOTUS stripping women of reproductive rights simply put them on the exact same level as men.
Disagree, but whatevs.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

What's there to disagree with?

In case of an accidental pregnancy, men had no say in the outcome.

Now in the case of an accidental pregnancy, women have no say in the outcome, either.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS Justice wants ethics rules.

Without Googling or cheating, see if you can guess who.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:19 pm Without Googling or cheating, see if you can guess who.
One of the women, is my guess. Based on how you phrased it, I'm going to guess the conservative one :)

But I'm guessing more than one wants it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:51 am But I'm guessing more than one wants it.
And I'm guessing more than one doesn't.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS looking at the 2nd amendment again.

Let's see if fear beats our rights this time.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

They nuked abortion. I bet nuking guns would make them less hated at their cocktail parties.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

It was only a year ago that the Supreme Court issued a landmark Second Amendment opinion that expanded gun rights nationwide and established that firearms rules must be consistent with the nation’s “historical tradition.”
This statement is hilarious considering the lack of consistency between our nation's "historical tradition" and their decision.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Gotta get those private jet flights somehow.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS lets a ban on conversion therapy stand.
“conversion therapy” – a scientifically discredited practice intended to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity – as it applies to minors.
Totally agree regarding sexual orientation. I do not agree when it comes to gender identity. This is why those two things should not be lumped together. They are NOT the same thing.

Being attracted to the same sex and wanting to physically change your sex are not in the same universe.

I really need someone to explain to me why wanting to cut off your arm is a mental illness, but wanting to cut off your dick isn't.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Passes on chance to weigh in on CA's ban on flavored cigarettes.

Deferring to the state's authority is consistent...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

SCOTUS rejects X's appeal to comment on investigations
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rejected a request by Elon Musk's X Corp to consider whether the social media company, formerly called Twitter, can publicly disclose how often federal law enforcement seeks information about users for national security investigations.

The justices declined to hear X's appeal of a lower court's ruling holding that the FBI's restrictions on what the company could say publicly about the investigations did not violate its free speech rights under the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

If it's just a number and doesn't hinder or hurt any open cases, then why not allow it?
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

.... election year?