The SCOTUS thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Ideologically, I completely agree. Bribes are bribes and corruption needs to be killed.

However, please show me how this is any different from what every other government official gets, R or D. There is, literally, a career where you spend money wining and dining Congressional members to woo them into passing legislation for you.

I mean, defend this quote from Nancy Pelosi, "We won't know what's in it until we pass it!"

It ALL needs to go. If you only expect people from "the other party" to be removed from office, then you're honestly the biggest part of the problem.

Selective outrage allows this corrupt system to continue churning because the people who have the power to demand change and vote for change are too busy blindly and obediently rooting for a fucking letter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

Do you mean Investor of the Year Nancy Pelosi?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:49 am Selective outrage allows this corrupt system to continue churning because the people who have the power to demand change and vote for change are too busy blindly and obediently rooting for a fucking letter.
If voting could change anything, they wouldn't let us do it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know Fortas' situation, but on the surface, makes you wonder why Republicans never have morals. :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:37 pm I don't know Fortas' situation, but on the surface, makes you wonder why Republicans never have morals.
Jokes aside, it honestly frustrates me how people overlook shit based on political party and/or how it can benefit them.

Also, I saw that SCOTUS today ruled in favor of that abortion pill staying on the market.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

Religion has always been the refuge of scoundrels. Always.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:40 pm Also, I saw that SCOTUS today ruled in favor of that abortion pill staying on the market.
Just a one week stay.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:38 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:40 pm Also, I saw that SCOTUS today ruled in favor of that abortion pill staying on the market.
Just a one week stay.
For another court to rule on it?

Did you read the actual case that the Texas judge ruled on? It's actually pretty interesting. It's far more than just an R judge being pro-life.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

I haven't, because I don't care enough to read the details.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

It's actually a lawsuit about a significant number of women suffering harmful side effects from the drug and the FDA covering it up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:25 pm It's actually a lawsuit about a significant number of women suffering harmful side effects from the drug and the FDA covering it up.
Then why hasn't fox news beat it into my brain?
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:59 am
Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:25 pm It's actually a lawsuit about a significant number of women suffering harmful side effects from the drug and the FDA covering it up.
Then why hasn't fox news beat it into my brain?
I'm not sure they're smart enough.

Although, the other end of the MSM spectrum simply saying "R judges ban abortion", as if that's how courts work, and not going into more detail says a lot about their audience...
TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:34 pm I haven't, because I don't care enough to read the details.
:D

I mean, you lobbed a marshmallow at me there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:38 pm I mean, you lobbed a marshmallow at me there.
I haven't said anything that contradicts my details matter stance for most things. I'm not arguing about this pill thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:43 pm I'm not arguing about this pill thing.
Good because neither was I nor was I arguing about your stance.

I was, however, countering your point about right wing media.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:15 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:43 pm I'm not arguing about this pill thing.
Good because neither was I nor was I arguing about your stance.

I was, however, countering your point about right wing media.
Just felt that if the reasons were legit, right wing media would be trumpeting them. But that's all.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Fair. (Although, they are legit, and I posted them here somewhere. In fact, if you look back a page or two in this very thread you'll see an article I linked where SCOTUS had ruled in favor of abortion on a different issue.)

But extending your logic, why is the left wing MSM constantly lying or artificially inflating gun stats to fit their argument? Why do they keep saying "assault weapons"? Why do we, LITERALLY, have video and articles of them claiming bullets from an AR-15 are more damaging then bullets from higher caliber guns?

I will continue to put out there that neither wing of the MSM is honest. They pander to their bases. If you take their word as gospel, you're a fool.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Durbin claims "everything is on the table" regarding Thomas.

This isn't difficult to predict:
IF a D wins the election, then Thomas will get a smack on the wrist.
If an R wins the election, then Thomas will retire.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by TheCatt »

Thomas should resign.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Yep. So should the vast majority of lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who are bought and paid for by lobbyists and foreign entities, including Biden, who should also resign due his deteriorating mental health.

However, that's not the world we live in.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS says social media platforms aren't responsible for what their users say.

This is the correct ruling.

This may move us one step closer to platforms no longer feeling the need to censor anyone. It also may move us closer to anonymity becoming a thing of the past as that's the next logical battlefield for the critics here.