How do you think?

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

So how do you think, Thib?
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

How do you think?

Post by thibodeaux »

I think I'm mainly a words person. I certainly have a running inner monologue, sometimes to the point where I am not even paying attention to other people.

But for some areas, I definitely have pictures as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: sometimes to the point where I am not even paying attention to other people
Yeah, that gets me in trouble a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by Leisher »

I listen to podcasts on the drive to and from work. Sometimes the voices in my head go off on a tangent about something and I'll have to rewind the podcast because my internal voices completely drowned out the podcast.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I listen to podcasts on the drive to and from work. Sometimes the voices in my head go off on a tangent about something and I'll have to rewind the podcast because my internal voices completely drowned out the podcast.
And meetings... and conversations... Audiobooks were really hard for me to listen to cuz of that.

The worst is when I'm watching a movie, and I mentally click out of the movie, and my voice won't stop.
Stranger

How do you think?

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I listen to podcasts on the drive to and from work. Sometimes the voices in my head go off on a tangent about something and I'll have to rewind the podcast because my internal voices completely drowned out the podcast.
And meetings... and conversations... Audiobooks were really hard for me to listen to cuz of that.

The worst is when I'm watching a movie, and I mentally click out of the movie, and my voice won't stop.
I do the same, i always figured it was ADD..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I do the same, i always figured it was ADD..
Same. Was diagnosed long time ago. Although, how anyone can pay attention in meetings is way beyond me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

OK, so close your eyes and picture an apple.

Like... do you see the apple? How long do you see the apple? How vivid is the apple?
Leisher
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm OK, so close your eyes and picture an apple.

Like... do you see the apple? How long do you see the apple? How vivid is the apple?
I can do that, but not with you telling me to do that. I think I can make it pretty vivid, but I think I have more vivid thoughts of scenarios than objects.

For example: One scene for a short I'm putting together is in a convenience store and I can picture it all really vividly. Lighting, labels, faces, etc. The people in the distance are even blurry because I want them to be. But trying to think of that apple right now, I can, but not vividly. In fact, I'm thinking of a honey crisp that was in my fridge last night, but the image is like a faded version of what I saw in person yesterday. If that makes sense.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

So, if I close my eyes and picture an apple, I can briefly see it. Like for a split second, then it's gone, and I just see black.

If I visualize a scene, it works better, and my eyes like turn off.
GORDON
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by GORDON »

I can spin it in my brain like I'm observing a 3D rendering from all angles. I can zoom in, or out. I can smell the skin, and if I mentally cut into it with any type of sharp edge I can hear the crisp of it, feel the splatter of juice, and register the sharp new scent in my nose.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:50 am I can spin it in my brain like I'm observing a 3D rendering from all angles. I can zoom in, or out. I can smell the skin, and if I mentally cut into it with any type of sharp edge I can hear the crisp of it, feel the splatter of juice, and register the sharp new scent in my nose.
Yeah... I can't do that. I can picture apple. It shows up briefly. Then it's gone. I picture it bigger, it's bigger, and gone. I can see a knife briefly cut the edge, then whole picture gone.
Leisher
Site Admin

How do you think?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 am So, if I close my eyes and picture an apple, I can briefly see it. Like for a split second, then it's gone, and I just see black.
I fully understand this and it's what was happening to me as I tried to picture the apple when you asked.