Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

Here's one:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... rc404=true

Screenshot in case it's paywalled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

why
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: why
???
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Why did non-Corona deaths "soar?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Why did non-Corona deaths "soar?"
Because they were undercounted corona virus deaths.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Picturing a beheaded corpse in car crash. "Yep, we've had a lot of these lately. Looks like a corona death."

Kidding.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I was forced to drive into town yesterday. The fucking traffic sure didn't feel like we've had 1% die-off, yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I was forced to drive into town yesterday. The fucking traffic sure didn't feel like we've had 1% die-off, yet.
A lot of the people dying weren't driving. And were way under 1% dead.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Ugh.

I know.

I feel like I need to start putting, "I don't mean this literally" on most of my posts, any more.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

We can't help it if your joke posts are just as off base and incorrect as your real posts!
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

C-19 Tracker.

Apparently we're seeing cases spike in 28 states, and hospitalization rates are way up.

800-1000 Americans are dying to it daily.

Meanwhile, today marks my company's return to 100% staffing. We have to be in our offices, with doors shut, wear masks in the hallways and common areas, face to face communication is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary, and then want lunches staggered so people aren't jammed into the lunch room.

Did I mention the company president hasn't been seen in months, has cancelled all planned trips, and they want me to setup Zoom so they can hold board meetings remotely through October?

The best part of that? The primary reason they want people back in the office is "perception". They don't want the plant people working, but not seeing a full parking lot at the office.

Morons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meanwhile, today marks my company's return to 100% staffing. We have to be in our offices, with doors shut, wear masks in the hallways and common areas, face to face communication is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary, and then want lunches staggered so people aren't jammed into the lunch room.
"What's the point?"
Leisher wrote: Morons
Yep. :\

We have no definitive plans to return to office, and even if we do return, not sure I'd fly up until we have vaccines/etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "What's the point?"
That's the question everyone is asking, including the CFO, but this is all being spearheaded by the CAO. She's a whole other discussion that would have to take place in a private area.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: The best part of that? The primary reason they want people back in the office is "perception". They don't want the plant people working, but not seeing a full parking lot at the office.

Morons.
The plant folks would probably be shocked to find out the people who do their jobs with a computer and telephone could do that work at home.

I wonder if there was an informal poll out in the factory. I wonder if any of them would quit over it. I tend to doubt it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I used to work for the local power company. During hurricanes or other storms, we'd have to work in the office because "the linemen were out working." 1) No, they waited until the storm passed. 2) One year a woman was driving home after her shift from her office job at the company and got crushed by a tree that fell in the storm.

Oooops.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

And then casual friday gets cancelled because there is a client in the building again, that day. Who will never walk through the back of the building where the IT department is.

People are so stupid.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Clothing is one area I did inform the CFO I would not be changing to match the 100% staffing. I told him, he's my direct boss, that if we're not allowed to have visitors or see people, then I'm not going to be wearing nicer clothes meant for people to see. I'd still be in jeans and a polo.

He agreed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Sucks to be you guys.

https://bients.com/people-with-blood-ty ... 9-studies/

Assuming you aren't Type-O, like me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Here's some updated stats.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6924e2.htm
As of May 30, 2020, among COVID-19 cases, the most common underlying health conditions were cardiovascular disease (32%), diabetes (30%), and chronic lung disease (18%). Hospitalizations were six times higher and deaths 12 times higher among those with reported underlying conditions compared with those with none reported.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sucks to be you guys.

https://bients.com/people-with-blood-ty ... 9-studies/

Assuming you aren't Type-O, like me.
Sucks to be your when you need blood? AB+ here, I’ll take all the bloods.

And, that’s some goodish news on the underlying conditions... assuming you do not have one.