Coronavirus and other fun stuff

Post by TheCatt »

It's endemic now, not pandemic, right.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:49 am It's endemic now, not pandemic, right.
Someone should tell that reporter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:22 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:49 am It's endemic now, not pandemic, right.
Someone should tell that reporter.
No one has declared the pandemic over, iirc, just that the "public health emergency related to COVID-19" is over. But yeah, endemic is a better word to use now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

More reasons why you're racist and transphobic.

My favorite part is when he puts trans people into the disabled bucket. How many victims can one person be?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus & other such things

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Those shoeless peeps the first victims prolly.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Covid killed a strain of the flu.

"See good in bad. I like."
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

"Good news I guarantee."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I knew you'd get it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

How many times did you dorks watch that movie? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Too many to count.

Most of the time I just have it on in the background while playing games or something. The benefit of not really caring about sports other than football is I can watch a lot of movies outside football season.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Saw in theaters. First DVD I ever bought. First BluRay I ever bought.

If I'm looking for background noise, and I see it while flipping, I've never not stopped.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

More background supporting lab leak theory
In March 2018 a team of American and Chinese virologists applied to the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, known as Darpa, seeking a $14 million grant to manipulate viruses related to SARS-CoV-1, the bat virus that caused a minor epidemic in 2002. Their goal was to identify bat viruses in Asia with the highest potential for jumping to people and to immunize bats so they wouldn’t infect soldiers in the region.
Mr. Daszak intended for much or most of the work to be done in Ms. Shi’s laboratory, despite giving a different impression to Darpa. He writes in the recently discovered documents that “I do want to stress the US side of this proposal so that DARPA are comfortable with our team. Once we get the funds, we can then allocate who does what exact work, and I believe that a lot of these assays can be done in Wuhan.”
Ms. Shi did most of her work with SARS-type viruses in the minimal-containment condition known as BSL2, whereas Mr. Baric, who regarded the viruses as seriously dangerous, worked in a more secure lab known as BSL3. Mr. Daszak noted that the lower-security labs would save money: “The BSL-2 nature of work on SARSr-CoVs makes our system highly cost-effective relative to other bat-virus systems.” Mr. Baric replied to this comment that the viruses might be grown under BSL2 safety conditions in China, but “US researchers will likely freak out.”
One piece is missing from the puzzle—the identity of the parent viruses from which SARS-CoV-2 was derived. The Chinese authorities have rigorously suppressed all information about the viruses being kept in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Remember when "created in a Chinese lab" was a conspiracy theory and mocked by the MSM?
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Trump was a buffoon for saying "The Chinese Virus."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Not Covid, but a bacterial infection. We've been getting warned for some time that the overuse of antibacterial stuff was making bacteria more resistant and stronger. Well, here we are.

STSS killing at a 30% rate in Japan.

That's in folks under 50.