The Banker

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by Leisher »

Apple TV

Pulled before it premiered and Apple won't say why.

It sounds very much like there was stuff in it that Apple is afraid people would find offensive.

Apple is going to really suck at creating content if they're worried about hurting people's feelings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by TheCatt »

I honestly don't know why Apple is even bothering with this effort. It makes no sense.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I honestly don't know why Apple is even bothering with this effort. It makes no sense.
Because like other tech corporations they want to take over the world.

I'm only half kidding.

Maybe they want to diversify their revenue streams? I remember they were working on a gaming system too, but apparently that went the way of the dodo.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Maybe they want to diversify their revenue streams?
But this is a shitty market to be in, with low margins and no future.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by Leisher »

Maybe they just have money to burn?

It really doesn't make a lot of sense, but they do have enough cultists to fund it I guess.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Banker

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Maybe they just have money to burn?
Then give it to their shareholders.
Vince

The Banker

Post by Vince »

I think innovation at Apple died with Jobs.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren