Disney+

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

Gina Carano suing Disney and Lucasfilm for unjust termination and slander.

Reminder that nobody was on Disney's side when it happened:

This was announced the day before Disney's quarterly earnings call.

She's backed by Musk and he has an open letter out to any Disney employees or former employees who have been discriminated that he'll help them legally. (More on this at the bottom.)

And it gets more interesting...

Musk and Peltz very publicly hanging out on that same day. Peltz is the activist investor who wants to oust Iger and get Disney back to their core competencies.

Now there are rumors swirling that Musk might make a play to purchase Disney. This isn't out of left field. There's been a lot of talk that Iger's final play might be to sell Disney. But would he sell to Musk?

Ok, back to the discrimination stuff. This document below was leaked and is part of Musk's offer to people. I know dick about employment laws, discrimination, etc., but apparently this document might get Disney into trouble?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:11 am Now there are rumors swirling that Musk might make a play to purchase Disney. This isn't out of left field. There's been a lot of talk that Iger's final play might be to sell Disney. But would he sell to Musk?
I mean, Musk can't afford Disney, for starters. He'd have to get hella financing, and backed by his volatile Tesla stock, at best, and Disney Corp. He already cut Twitter's value by 2/3rds, what would he do to Disney?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:02 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:11 am Now there are rumors swirling that Musk might make a play to purchase Disney. This isn't out of left field. There's been a lot of talk that Iger's final play might be to sell Disney. But would he sell to Musk?
I mean, Musk can't afford Disney, for starters. He'd have to get hella financing, and backed by his volatile Tesla stock, at best, and Disney Corp. He already cut Twitter's value by 2/3rds, what would he do to Disney?
I was assuming a Musk led group along with Peltz and other investors. I could absolutely see a group like that being put together to buy Disney and oust Iger.

To be fair to Musk, Twitter was overvalued (like most tech sites) and he delisted it. It now has record engagement, so one wonders what would happen to the value if it went public again. (I assume that has to eventually be the plan?)

Meanwhile, Iger has helmed Disney to a 45% drop in value, so it'd be hard for someone new to do worse.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

Disney being sued for discriminating against white men.

This is on top of the fact that they're already being sued for treating female employees/guests poorly including pay, covering up sexual assaults, etc.

Bob Iger is really doing a great job.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

One Disney exec still doesn't get why their recent movies suck and blames "politicized" fans.

Maybe don't make all of your strong female characters Mary Sues?

Sounds like Iger finally got the hint though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by GORDON »

The Force is Female.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

Disneyworld raises ticket prices again.

This is during the same week that they were named the biggest rip off in America.

Walt Disney would beat the fuck out of Iger.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by GORDON »

I get it, if they're packing the parks to capacity, they aren't charging enough.

But it's time for everyone to stop pretending Disney "belongs" to everyone. Only if you got the money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

I've heard Universal is kicking their ass right now.

All that woke nonsense is costing them more than just box office receipts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 am I get it, if they're packing the parks to capacity, they aren't charging enough.

But it's time for everyone to stop pretending Disney "belongs" to everyone. Only if you got the money.
Yep.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

Iger "quietly" selling his stock in Disney.

80% of his stock is no joke. What's he up to?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by TheCatt »

A-fucking-men.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

It doesn't bode well for them that 2 of our members have a sub and both understand the pain of this tweet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:16 pm It doesn't bode well for them that 2 of our members have a sub and both understand the pain of this tweet.
I don't have a sub because I got so mad at them for this. Also football season ended.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

I get it due to the bundle for Hulu Live.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by GORDON »

Thinking about dropping Disney+ from the things I pay for.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't? Most of the MCU and Star wars shows have been ass. Certainly not worth the $15ish a month I've been paying for years. I haven't launched it in months.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

I don't know why you'd have Disney+. You have no small kids, you're not their target demo of LGBQT+ black women, like you said the MCU/SW have been garbage, and you're not getting it in a package like me with Hulu Live.

What do you need to see there that can't be Plexed? I'd cancel it if it wasn't in a bundle.

Although, I have heard really good things about X-Men 97.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by GORDON »

I want to say I got it when they bought Marvel.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by TheCatt »

I have the Plex/Disney $2 a month plan with ads. Might be through T-Mobile though. Dunno.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney+

Post by Leisher »

DeSantis and Iger kiss and make up.

I heard they beltlooped to make it official.