Ch-ch-ch-China

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

We should take this conversation elsewhere, but yes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

States are moving rapidly to block foreign powers, specifically China, from buying land here in the US.

Sounds like something our government should be doing, yet again showing how useless they are...
Proponents of the laws, mostly Republicans but some Democrats as well, have frequently cited concerns about food security and the need to protect military bases and other sensitive installations. But the moves have stoked anxieties among some experts on US-Chinese relations, including those who see echoes of past discriminatory laws in the United States like the Chinese Exclusion Act.
Sure. Sure. Sure. But hear me out. China is actively hacking the US government and corporations, stealing secrets and technology, has a policy that if a corporation wants to do business in China then they have to give them access to all of their tech and processes, and has a law that states no foreign power or corporation may own land there.

Maybe this is a case where we need to stop trying to so hard to be liked by everyone that we instead stand up for ourselves?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Right? What the actual fuck?china has declared war and we're just sitting on our asses
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

The government isn't useless. They're been paid and are doing the job they're paid for
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Stole this from the NFL thread where Catt posted it as an example of the new TwitterX tag.

Holy shit is this LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue. It's about fucking time the US pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped allowing Russia and China to do this to us without a response.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

We've had a cyberspace division for a while. But I have no idea how good they are. The NSA sucked up everyone's data for a while until some people whined.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:10 am We've had a cyberspace division for a while. But I have no idea how good they are. The NSA sucked up everyone's data for a while until some people whined.
Then they just had the UK start doing it, and share the data. Bam, legal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

I know we've had the division, but feels like they've, as you said, been more focused internally than externally. I wonder if the corporate masters pulled the strings of their politicians saying, "We're getting tired of losing money to cybercrime"?
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

World's most inconvenient convenience store.

Kind of cool. I'd never go to it because I don't see the need to risk my life to climb a rock, but it's still cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

A lot of developing countries owe China a lot of money they can't afford.

This is how you get control of countries and/or their resources.

Also, another Chinese CEO has gone missing.

He's lucky he's not in Russia or he'd probably have fallen out of a tall building.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

Look up "Belts and Roads." It's basically china's roadmap to replace the USA as the dominant global power.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:24 am A lot of developing countries owe China a lot of money they can't afford.

This is how you get control of countries and/or their resources.
Yep.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Running world's largest misinformation campaign against US citizens.

It not is misinformation, but they're also threatening people.

Somehow this is not an act of war, and instead we're throwing a welcome party for Xi.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

A point for Gordon's proof of identity.
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:10 pm Somehow this is not an act of war, and instead we're throwing a welcome party for Xi.
Srsly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Vows to be aggressive to fix their broken economy.

I guess this means they're going to up their ransomware attacks and corporate espionage?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Wonder if Elon got a message from his China friends.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Don't they have their own Twitter?

I cannot imagine actual Twitter is allowed there, especially with "free speech" enabled.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:58 pm Don't they have their own Twitter?

I cannot imagine actual Twitter is allowed there, especially with "free speech" enabled.
Yeah, it's not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »