I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

“I want to be a woman. … It’s my right as a man,” the character claims “I want to have babies… It’s every man’s right to have babies if he wants them.” After Cleese’s protest, the character snaps, “Don’t you oppress me!”

Obviously, times have changed the impact of that humor.
Nope, still fucking hilarious.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Want to go shopping without supporting companies who push the "woke agenda"?

There's an app for that.

*sigh*
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

H&M pulls ad that "sexualizes children".
The ad, screenshotted by a number of social media users before it was removed, featured two elementary schoolgirls dressed in school uniform, with the slogan “Make those heads turn in H&M’s Back to School fashion.”
Didn't sound sexual to me, so I googled it:

What am I missing? I'm not seeing the sexualization. People called it "creepy" and I get that because I'm getting a twin sisters from The Shinning vibe...

I'm all about letting kids be kids, and not pushing adult themes on them or use them to push adult themes, but I think people are being overly sensitive on this one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I agree with withdrawing this one. I also got "The Shining" vibes first... but "make heads turn" isn't what kids should be doing. BUT it would have been hilarious if they had gone with an Exorcist vibe and said that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will accept your withdraw, but I'm still a bit thrown by the whole thing. Perhaps it's because the girls are wearing standard school uniforms?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm I will accept your withdraw, but I'm still a bit thrown by the whole thing. Perhaps it's because the girls are wearing standard school uniforms?
I don't think the picture is sexualized, just the words. The picture is fine, imho.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok fair.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Little girls that age don't stop in the hall and look back like that. They are skipping and saying rhymes or something. They are trying to make them look like a mini Kendal Jenner or something. Plus, it's a school uniform. School uniforms are supposed to have the opposite affect of 'turn their heads'.

Ya. The pose. The looks on their faces. Not age appropriate. Sexualizing? If I had seen it in the wild, I would have skipped right over it as 'not relevant to me'. I don't have kids, I don't shop for cloths, and it doesn't jump out at me. But when it's brought to my attention and I really look at it, ya, I can see 'age inappropriate'. And unfortunately, there ARE people out there that would look at them, as they are, and think "hot". Definitely pull the ad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Comedy club in the most woke part of Seattle cancels 4 comics after complaints.

Here's a thought: If there's a comic coming that offends you, don't buy tickets for their show.

I wish one of these progressive assholes could explain to me how forcing others to live by their values is a good thing and how they're different from other fun groups who did and tried the same methods.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That's dumb.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The other day I saw an article of a court challenge to no-whites-allowed college scholarships , as racist.

My kid is always looking for new scholarships, so I sent him the link without comment.

He responded back, "doesn't matter I'm still straight."

I responded back to him, "maybe someday we'll stop being discriminated against because of our sexual orientation and color of our skin."

And he didn't respond because the joke landed as is
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I thought that post was hilarious. And yes, we called it smear the queer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:27 pm I thought that post was hilarious. And yes, we called it smear the queer.
Ditto. Ditto.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's a beautiful example of inclusion. Anyone can be queer.... They just have to be holding the ball.

Almost makes me weep.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Germans have to redesign a 4 on their national team jerseys.

First of all, as always, people will find ways to be offended no matter what.

Secondly, just don't let anyone wear or order 44. Problem solved.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There should be an official survey of such things. "Do you think this looks like an SS, and are you threatened by it?"

If they mark yes they are officially labelled as retarded in the government rolls and can't vote and own guns and shit.

Four years later they'll have an opportunity to answer the question again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That does look kinda SS ish.