Nature!

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Guys breaks record for living underwater.

Gordon, this seems like a cool hotel for you and your kid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

How do you decompress from that, or is 30’ just not enough to matter?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

It's enough to matter, but maybe he'd spend like 30 minutes about 20/15/10 feet. Is my guess. I don't have a dive table in front of me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Not sure where else to put this and Nature was directly involved, so...

Pretty cool new images of the Titanic.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Titanic on the moon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Serious question:
Wildfires burn down half of the west every year right? I've never heard a single thing about air quality, events being cancelled due to smoke, etc.

So why is the wildfire in Canada affecting the U.S. so badly where White House events, MLB games, etc. are all being cancelled and this is getting tons of press?

Does Quebec just burn dirtier?
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

The air seems to be moving weird, a cyclone that just spins and doesn't seem to go anywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Well, most of the west is empty. Whereas this smoke went to the US' north-east corridor where tons of people live.

Also, it's really unusual for that part of the country, whereas it happens in the west every year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Ah, so like how Atlanta can't handle a dusting of snow, people in the East can't handle a campfire.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

The smoke hasn't bothered me. My gf says she can smell it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Never knew about these.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:17 pm Not sure where else to put this and Nature was directly involved, so...

Pretty cool new images of the Titanic.
Submersible with people onboard missing while trying to visit Titanic wreckage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

A Meg got them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

I cannot imagine this is still a rescue mission. Small subs like that only have so much air.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

A MEG GOT THEM.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:36 pm I cannot imagine this is still a rescue mission. Small subs like that only have so much air.
Yeah,I love the idea of these, but fuck no. Once you're below, I dunno, a few hundred feet, you're just surrounded by death. 13,000 feet? fuck no. no no no
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Submarine probably imploded.
Coast Guard officials said a remote-operated vehicle found the tail cone of the Titan submersible about 1,600 feet from the bow of the Titanic Thursday morning.

Additional debris found was "consistent with the catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber," Rear Adm. John Mauger, the First Coast Guard District commander, said during a press briefing.

The passengers' families were immediately notified.

Five major pieces of debris were found, including the nose cone, officials said.

The debris indicates there was a "catastrophic implosion" of the vessel, Mauger said.

It's too early to tell when the implosion occurred, officials said.

"This is an incredibly unforgiving environment down there on the seafloor," Mauger said.