Random Funny Internet Things (not pictures)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've seen that many times and the guy isn't wrong.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I went to see if this would be a good place to visit.

Their website needs work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've always been fascinated by those super remote islands. Especially how people got there to begin with, and the sailors coming across them in like the 1800s.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:20 am I've always been fascinated by those super remote islands.
Ditto.

I think visiting most of them would be the trip of a lifetime or you'd go missing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:23 am I think visiting most of them would be the trip of a lifetime or you'd go missing.
I think... honestly, it'd be like "WOW! I'm here!" and then "I guess there's a reason there aren't more people visiting"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:31 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:23 am I think visiting most of them would be the trip of a lifetime or you'd go missing.
I think... honestly, it'd be like "WOW! I'm here!" and then "I guess there's a reason there aren't more people visiting"
Look at the pictures on that site, and you'll see how right you are.

However, there are hidden gems out there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 am Look at the pictures on that site, and you'll see how right you are.
That water looks amazing, though. I could easily swim + snorkel + dive a couple of hours a day. Then laze on the beach, read books, drink a little, and get laid.

Fuck it, I'm in.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Here's my thought:

I'm self reliant enough, and dislike people enough, that I'd love to make a go of it on some remote island.

Problem is: there's a reason all of those thousand of little islands are uninhabited, and not just poor fast food options. When their highest point is 50 feet, and we're becoming aware of rogue waves 100 feet high crossing oceans, then it stand to reason that those islands occasionally get swept clean. Like, if they were inhabited yesterday, they aren't today. With no evidence left to suggest someone built a house there once.

So.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I actually considered rogue waves when looking at the pictures of that island.

There are plenty of remote islands higher than 50 ft. However, I'm guessing the costs of developing a remote island doesn't warrant it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Woke white women will be the downfall of civilization.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't even know why we let skinny white women vote tbh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think women should absolutely have the right to vote.

That being said, I don't think a massive group of voters who use emotions to make their decisions over logic, facts, and science has led to perfect outcomes.

Just saying'!!! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 pm That being said, I don't think a massive group of voters who use emotions to make their decisions over logic, facts, and science has led to perfect outcomes.
Fucking Republicans. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:16 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 pm That being said, I don't think a massive group of voters who use emotions to make their decisions over logic, facts, and science has led to perfect outcomes.
Fucking Republicans. :)
Joke taken, but it got me thinking. Is voting on your emotions better, worse, or equal than/to voting based on your religious beliefs?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:23 pm Is voting on your emotions better, worse, or equal than/to voting based on your religious beliefs?
Same thing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Feel, don't think."

~Jedi instructions to a youngling