Electric Car Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:35 pm Who doesn't go on date night to the mall?
wtf is a mall? The 1900s are over.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Malls and identity bit, and society is fixed.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:46 pm Malls and identity bit, and society is fixed.
Correct.

Catt's just mad that he's home alone waiting for his car to charge while we're trolling for mall ass.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

1) I don't have an electric car.

2) I'm drinking.

3) Mall assess are too often fat asses. But, i guess that's just the story of America these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 pm 1) I don't have an electric car.

2) I'm drinking.

3) Mall assess are too often fat asses. But, i guess that's just the story of America these days.
1. In our scenario you do.
2. Rub it in, dick.
3. Sadly, yes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

Toledo Public Schools decides propane > electric buses.

That article is behind a paywall and the two methods I tried to remove it didn't work.

Our controller stopped over to BS today and brought this up. (Due to the paywall, my info is coming from him, but he's a pretty smart person and is usually very accurate.) Apparently, this is being driven by the federal government. They want public school systems to go electric, but propane is fine too.

So why'd TPS choose propane? Well, for one thing 6)% of their buses were already propane, so they're making it a full set. But here's the rest:
-The range of the electric bus on a full charge is 130 miles. Toledo has routes longer than that. Not to mention field trips or away games.
-The propane bus costs $100K. The electric bus costs over $1M.
-The life expectancy of the electric bus is half of the propane bus'.

I'm pretty shocked TPS made the correct decision.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 pm -The range of the electric bus on a full charge is 130 miles. Toledo has routes longer than that.
That being said, that's a problem. I've read stories of some kids getting out of school at 3, and not dropped off at home until after 6 after having to change busses. TPS has a major bussing problem, I read it blamed on they can't get drivers.... which means they aren't paying enough to get drivers.

But the rest of it are legit points, especially the price. A mill is ridiculous.

Toledo Blade's paywall is retarded. uBlock origin can sometimes remove the blocking elements.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm I read it blamed on they can't get drivers.... which means they aren't paying enough to get drivers.
I think all school districts, fast food restaurants, etc. are having trouble getting workers.

Pay is definitely an issue.

Maybe we just found a new gig for all of those illegals?
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Maybe we stop allowing in illegals, which keep wages low, and the wages will go high enough to attract people.

:-D
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:35 am Cultists weep.
That project never made sense to me. I could have saved them millions!
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

Biden admin set to "crackdown" on automakers to push EVs.

It's a FOX News article, so it's pretty negative over what Biden's WH has planned and the effects it will have on the economy and the auto market. Interesting this hits the day after Trump's comments on the auto industry that started the whole "bloodbath" fiasco.

I'm honestly not really against owning an EV, but let's be honest, the country is not ready for a massive amount of EVs to be on the road. Voters are going to get pissed when they're in lines for several hours waiting for their cars to charge. Further, I don't believe it's really been proven that this is a better option for the environment than gas powered. Hey, remember when we were told how awesome ethanol was for the economy?

Also, are we completely overlooking the fact that a lot of the materials for EVs come from China and are mined by slaves (China) and children (Africa)?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm Further, I don't believe it's really been proven that this is a better option for the environment than gas powered.
I wouldn't say it's conclusive, but most reputable studies I've seen say yes lately, especially as they get cheaper, economies of scale, etec.
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm I'm honestly not really against owning an EV, but let's be honest, the country is not ready for a massive amount of EVs to be on the road.
Sure, but it's getting better. A lot of Gen2 platforms are coming online much better than Gen1. If we can figure out the solid state storage, it'll be dramatically better. I'm guessing by 2030 most of these issues will be resolved.

Transitions take time.

!RemindMe 7/1/2030
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

I look forward to that remind me.

Again, I will point out that American citizens are being told what to do in the name of the environment. Soon everyone who owns gas powered vehicles will be facing punishments for still not buying an EV.

Meanwhile, corporations continue to skull fuck Mother Nature will no fear of consequences or punishment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

If it put solar panels on my roof, my car would be nearly free to operate.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

I saw an article the other day that irritated me ... The summary was that because EVs were generally heavier, they polluted more than ICEs because of tire and brake wear.

That was so stupid I wanted to slap the author with a glove and duel them. God would never allow me to fail that trial by combat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

I think the hardest thing about buying an EV will be telling your parents you're gay.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

"Mom, dad, I have something I need to tell you. Leisher's gay."

Wasn't so hard.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:35 pm If it put solar panels on my roof, my car would be nearly free to operate.
I don't think those panels would be big enough to charge it?
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:38 pm The summary was that because EVs were generally heavier, they polluted more than ICEs because of tire and brake wear.
They certainly make more tired rubber pollution.
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:54 pm "Mom, dad, I have something I need to tell you. Leisher's gay."

Wasn't so hard.
I bet you were when you realized.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

I think the tire argument is a fake out. The main problem is CO2, which which car burns/produces many tons of a year, months in some cases, weeks for a semi. But they only go through a set of tires every 2-3 years, and the amount of wear is... 10 pounds of pollution per set?

They finally found a real thing that they can say "See told you EVs were bad," and POUNCED. Its a real bloodbath

And even then, my EV isn't as heavy as a Chevy Suburban