Flying, and the TSA

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Flying home from Boston today. First plane broke. Delayed us about an hour. Of course that hour was just enough that we ran into thunderstorm s in Raleigh. Been circling for about 30 minutes. Don't love it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

The tires are rubber. Should be fine.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:00 pm The tires are rubber. Should be fine.
every plane has a faraday cage for strikes.

We've been diverted to another airport for gas.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:11 am Airbus making more room for carry ons.
I look forward to seeing them in 20 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:33 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:11 am Airbus making more room for carry ons.
I look forward to seeing them in 20 years.
The thing I chuckled about is the article discussing how great this is for the people who want those spaces now because they get to take their bags for free. There is NO FUCKING WAY that's still free by the time this is standard in airplanes.

The airlines are already clearly sick of dealing with this shit every single flight, the budget airlines are already charging, and the ones that are on the market will do it for the added revenue.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

They have to keep it free, because tracking a lot bag takes them forever + costs them lots of $$.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:44 am They have to keep it free, because tracking a lot bag takes them forever + costs them lots of $$.
They won't have to track your carry on.

The budget airlines watch you walk on and, literally, charge you right there if your ticket doesn't contain a charge for the carry on in your hands.

I just saw a video last night of a guy breaking his skateboard in half and then throwing it out because Spirit wanted to charge him $80 to bring it aboard.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:21 pm They won't have to track your carry on.
that was my point. The alternative is too expensive.

I mean, flying Spirit... you know what you signed up for
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 pm that was my point. The alternative is too expensive.
I get that, but I disagree.

They'll up the charge for bags stored below, and then start charging a lower rate for carry ons.

It's a way to make profit RIGHT THERE and other airlines already do it. There is no way in hell that will stay free for much longer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Only shit airlines, is my guess. Not Delta, American eyc
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:49 am Don't fly Easy Jet.
EasyJet is Britain's Frontier.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:40 pm The FAA is abandoning safety for insanity.
That's... a dumb statement. There's like thousands of people in the FAA, the people still have to be able to do their duties. So maybe the person pushes paper somewhere or something not so critical.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:40 pm The FAA is abandoning safety for insanity.
That's... a dumb statement. There's like thousands of people in the FAA, the people still have to be able to do their duties. So maybe the person pushes paper somewhere or something not so critical.
That's...an assumption, which makes your stated-as-fact-statement a dumb statement.

Even the paper pushers can affect safety.

BTW, I'm totes for hiring people with handicaps. I don't understand prioritizing it.
“Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring,” the FAA’s website states. “They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism.”

The initiative is part of the FAA’s “Diversity and Inclusion” hiring plan, which claims “diversity is integral to achieving FAA’s mission of ensuring safe and efficient travel across our nation and beyond.”
There is no logic to any of that, only PC nonsense.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

Boeing is having a bad 2024.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

You often hear about the fatality rate per 100 million or 1 billion passenger miles in transportation statistics, but over the last 15 years, U.S. airlines have averaged less than 1 fatality per passenger *light-year* traveled
A light-year is the distance a beam of light travels in a single Earth year, which equates to approximately 6 trillion miles
In 2019, US airlines carried 762.84 billion passenger-miles.

Crazy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

I have noticed there haven't been any big airplane wrecks in like a decade.

I didn't want to say it out loud and jinx it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."