Israel

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:46 am Because I've only seen R Congresspeoples saying it (repeatedly), lying to the American people
What's the lie again? Oh yeah, "Iran helped plan this attack with the specific $6B that Biden got released for them."

Let's completely ignore that the intelligence community, military, and the MSM are all saying Iran definitely helped with the attack. Let's ignore that just a month or two ago Biden made a horrific deal for a hostage swap with the world's leading terrorism sponsor and authorized them getting their hands on $6B. (Not to mention that their politicians, literally, chant "Death to America" in their official sessions.)

Just focus on the one small detail that this small number of Rs have wrong (and that is even a debatable point as discussed in my previous post) and proclaim that makes them ALL worse than Hitler. Totally rational and not at all a display of bigotry. :D
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:46 am Haven't seen that at all.

I've seen Omar's statements, but they weren't that.
Well, first, let me point out that it's interesting where you decided to stop quoting me. Here's the rest of what I said:
Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:31 pm and/or supporting Palestine while refusing to give sympathy to Israeli victims.
As for the first part of the sentence you did address, that's my fault for not more clearly saying who. I wrongly assumed that all of the examples I posted would have made it clear. All of the horrible memes mocking Israel, praising the attack, and defending/justifying it have come from groups that support Ds, vote D, and have received support/praise/etc. from Ds.

To be fair, I'm quite certain no KKK members are crying about Israel, and while a D invention, they're certainly not voting for The Squad...

For the part of my statement you skipped, certain Ds' silence (mainly the progressive, woke Ds) about the actual attack on Israel is deafening. Talib, in the video I posted, refusing to condemn the murder of Israeli children speaks volumes. Again, this is after she had recently given a speech where she openly cried about the plights of the Palestinians. These Ds only outrage is for the Israelis for striking back. Their only sympathy is for the Palestinians.

The funniest part about it is that some have been, literally, doing the "There's good people on both sides" thing they trashed Trump for.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:53 am Let's completely ignore that the intelligence community, military, and the MSM are all saying Iran definitely helped with the attack. Let's ignore that just a month or two ago Biden made a horrific deal for a hostage swap with the world's leading terrorism sponsor and authorized them getting their hands on $6B. (Not to mention that their politicians, literally, chant "Death to America" in their official sessions.)
Again, that wasn't the statement. It was the $6Bn = this attack. And it's wrong.
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:53 am Just focus on the one small detail that this small number of Rs have wrong (and that is even a debatable
Congresspeople misleading the public means they should be removed.
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:53 am As for the first part of the sentence you did address, that's my fault for not more clearly saying who. I wrongly assumed that all of the examples I posted would have made it clear. All of the horrible memes mocking Israel, praising the attack, and defending/justifying it have come from groups that support Ds, vote D, and have received support/praise/etc. from Ds.
You said praising baby-killers. Your words. But it never happened. And again, I'm really focused on Congresspeople here, but you keep moving to whatever argument you want to make.
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:53 am Talib, in the video I posted, refusing to condemn the murder of Israeli children speaks volumes.
That's just one video. She has condemned it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:20 pm Again, that wasn't the statement. It was the $6Bn = this attack. And it's wrong.
I'd tell you to show me, but honestly it doesn't matter if you can or can't. (And I genuinely believe some Rs probably suggested it. They'd be idiots not to...) You continue focusing on minutia rather than the actual issue. Everyone is saying Iran is involved. Biden just made a terrible deal with them knowing who they are. It was a shit deal then, and it looks even worse now.

Nobody was wrong to criticize it then, and certainly are not wrong to criticize it now.

You want to censor folks for pushing a half-truth, I'm down, but the whole government wouldn't be allowed to talk anymore. Politicians lie. If you haven't figured that out by now, I don't know what to tell you. That is not a trait unique to one party. Even insinuating one party lies and the other doesn't is the pinnacle of bias.

But hey, I'm certain all the people working at the border detention center who said AOC didn't even come inside are the real liars. She can't be because she broke down and cried outside the fence of one. There's a picture!! That's why she's fighting so hard on the border crisis now, which is far, far worse than it was then...
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:20 pm Congresspeople misleading the public means they should be removed.
I wish you really meant it because if so, you'd be demanding the removal of the entirety of Congress. That's a movement I support.

Hell, the entire government would be removed under this rule, starting with Biden and his 9,000 different childhoods that he brags about depending on his audience.

Personally, I find it far more concerning that Congress acts in their own self interests and not for the American people that elected them, but I'm an idealist. When Americans told them to stop insider trading and Congress responded by voting to continue allowing it, THAT, more than anything else recently, should have been enough to get them all removed.

But hey, Russia-Trump collusion, right Adam Schiff?
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:20 pm You said praising baby-killers. Your words. But it never happened. And again, I'm really focused on Congresspeople here, but you keep moving to whatever argument you want to make.
Whatever you say, Neo.

Where are my words about D Congresspeople praising baby killers? As I said previously, I was referring to the D supported and sponsored groups like BLM, whose message YOU posted that blatantly justified the atrocities Hamas committed. I did say of those D Congresspeople that their silence on those killed in Israel was deafening. Based on how much the language in AOC's tweets have changed, I'd say their teams had a talk with them.

But again, you're just trying to selectively nitpick via semantics. I've no issue with that. We've all been there. :D

(And if you didn't laugh at that last bit, you're taking this WAY too seriously.)

But hey, Hunter Biden's laptop isn't real! And every person that believes it is an absolute moron!
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:20 pm That's just one video. She has condemned it.
Oh she has? How awesome. She couldn't condemn the murder of infants despite being asked to do so half a dozen times, but has since discussed it with her advisors and finally decided she's probably not in favor of baby killing. Wow. What a brave stance for her to take. What a hero!

But hey, Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years!

We don't have to compare lists on my italicized portions. I could do the same thing to Rs and Ds all day long. Just making a point.

With that, are we done going back and forth about Rs and Ds in a thread about Israel? I hate both, you're voting a straight D ticket :D , and we both are Team Fuck Hamas. Let's stop wasting our breath.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

This is an interesting read. Unfair of her to say "This is what Palestinians voted for" considering Hamas only won with a third of the vote and haven't held an election since...

#13, as one person points out, sums up why there can be no peace.

I really assume most people don't actually know what Hamas believes because I don't know how you can say any sort of peace can be achieved without genocide one way or the other. Their "good guys" legit say they want to exterminate all Jews, yet people supporting Palestine right now are claiming the Jews are the genocidal ones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm I really assume most people don't actually know what Hamas believes because I don't know how you can say any sort of peace can be achieved without genocide one way or the other. Their "good guys" legit say they want to exterminate all Jews, yet people supporting Palestine right now are claiming the Jews are the genocidal ones.
To, still simplify things, there are 3 parties: Israel, Hamas, Palestinians. Only the Gaza Strip is ruled by Hamas. That's about 2 million of the roughly 7.5 million Palestinians (some live in Israel, and others live in the West Bank).

So one can still support the Palestinians without anything to do with Hamas. Hamas took over the West Bank via elections in 2006/2007, and has, afaik, maintained control, unsure about elections or legitimacy of them.

But, as someone posted on twitter: "You remove the weapons from Israel's neighbors, nothing changes. You remove the weapons from Israel, it's gone."
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

I see no outlook at all in the next week that doesn't involve missiles and explosions all over the middle east.

Everyone has locked themselves in to their position, no-one is even talking de-escalation anymore. Just: "If you do THIS, we'll shoot". And everyone(Hamas,Israel,Iran,USA) is saying they HAVE to do THIS, so I don't see how it doesn't end in shooting.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Welp.

It comes down to that thing I always say: if only there was some way to not have my city entirely flattened because I attacked Israel and raped, murdered, and kidnapped a bunch of people. None of us are safe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:49 pm So one can still support the Palestinians without anything to do with Hamas. Hamas took over the West Bank via elections in 2006/2007, and has, afaik, maintained control, unsure about elections or legitimacy of them.
Supporting Palestine is fine...although doing so REALLY publicly after last weekend sends the wrong message. Also, not sure on the history of the whole region, but pretty sure they're not exactly innocent in their situation. In other words, they helped create it.

Also, what I said:
Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm This is an interesting read. Unfair of her to say "This is what Palestinians voted for" considering Hamas only won with a third of the vote and haven't held an election since...
Anyway, Israel is a nuclear power. Do we think they go down without scorching the region? Are these the end times? What seal are we on?
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:46 pm
Anyway, Israel is a nuclear power. Do we think they go down without scorching the region? Are these the end times? What seal are we on?
I don't think (hope) it's nukes - but Israel will probably eat a bunch of missiles, drones, and other attacks from Hezbollah/Iran when they go into Gaza.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:17 am
Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:46 pm
I don't think (hope) it's nukes - but Israel will probably eat a bunch of missiles, drones, and other attacks from Hezbollah/Iran when they go into Gaza.
For sure, but I poorly was asking what happens if they lose everything, not just Gaza.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Accuracy of this?

Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:06 am Accuracy of this?
Seems accurate enough. Hamas' constitution notably calls for straight Jew murder and specifically disallows negotiation of any kind. I legitimately don't know what they are supposed to do faced with a no negotiation stance.

Interesting theory I was reading - the advancement of the Iron Dome system led to the eventual buildup and human wave attack that kicked this recent conflict off. Israel was able to ignore Hamas for a very long time, the effectiveness of the technology clouded the long term problem. Hamas went untechnical, and it was incredibly costly, but effective.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

It amazed me that people don't know Israel was taking incoming literally every day, for literal decades.

And half those people still had the stance of "well the jews had it coming."
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:14 am Hamas' constitution notably calls for straight Jew murder and specifically disallows negotiation of any kind. I legitimately don't know what they are supposed to do faced with a no negotiation stance.
I posted an X thread about that a few days ago and their desire to commit genocide on Jews is right there in it.

So...why does anyone think they're the "good guys"?
Troy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:14 am Israel was able to ignore Hamas for a very long time, the effectiveness of the technology clouded the long term problem. Hamas went untechnical, and it was incredibly costly, but effective.
The technology used in this latest attack, like the drones to take out automated turrets, are what experts are saying is proof Iran helped with it.

University of Pennsylvania learning the hard way that trying to play both sides has a cost.

Harvard too.

One of my wife's far left podcasts had two female hosts openly discussing how the antisemitism on display among the left might be costing them votes. Jewish people and others who vote "for the right thing" aren't digging what they're seeing right now.
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Great, someone blew up a hospital in Gaza and now the worst job in the world overnight is going to be a marine guard at a US Middle East embassy. Crowds in the thousands in every country and likely to get much worse. Bad.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

We'll see. Russians targeted every Ukrainian children hospital that Google maps could find and it didn't seem to escalate anything beyond graffiti.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, there's a difference between outraged Ukrainians and outraged Muslims.

Now why they're protesting U.S. embassies and not Israeli ones...
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Sounds like it was a Hamas rocket that blew up the hospital, but of course, Israel is being blamed by Hamas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:44 am Sounds like it was a Hamas rocket that blew up the hospital, but of course, Israel is being blamed by Hamas.
Everything that happens is due to Hamas. Literally everything.

Same with Russia + Ukraine. Everything is Russia's fault.

Whoever starts owns everything that happens.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:59 am Everything that happens is due to Hamas. Literally everything.
Preach, but you and I both know a lot of people disagree with that.