Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote:
Troy wrote: Leisher's guy. Human, Class TBD:

​10, 11, 12, 12, 16, 18
So those are his numbers with the human bonus of +1 to each ability? Do we have to be human or can we pick another race?
Yeah, that's with a +1 applied for being human.

You don't have to be human, it's just easier. Humans get less special rules we have to remember and that nice overall ability boost. If your heart longs to be an elf or a dwarf, go for it.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am hoping this goes well enough that we decide to do Ravenloft or The Temple of Elemental Evil...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

I figured out a few really dope things I can do within Roll20 last night.

1) First, I can add a permanent journal entry of your character into the game, which lets me make tokens of you for the tactical maps.

2) I can assign you edit and control privileges to that Journal Entry. You'll have access to a digital character sheet to fill out, and it'll be stored forever and you can update it as we go along.

3) You (and me) can move that token on said tactical maps when the opportunity arises.

Gordon's is the furtherst along. I'll log into Roll20 and try to get his guy setup during lunch.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sir Biggus Dickus is kind of a prick, in a way.... he resents non-human races and has no respect for women, but with his high charisma he enjoys getting with the ladies. There may end up being Saving Throws vs. Pregnancy. He secretly resents not having 18 for every stat, and it will always be his goal to find items that will increase his stats. He fully expects to be assigned a lackey to carry his gear for him.

He really walks the line as a Paladin, and the Lawful Good alignment.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sir Rick The Adequate is like, a real boy now. With 11 HP.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also Biggus Dickus hasn't actually been Knighted, but he uses the "Sir" as an affectation and will fight you over it.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Also Biggus Dickus hasn't actually been Knighted, but he uses the "Sir" as an affectation and will fight you over it.
I set you up with the Noble background anyway. You'll still get the swag but it's a lie.

If you get a chance, see if you can log into Roll20 and access your character sheet without me in game?
Last edited by Troy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Sir Biggus Dickus is kind of a prick, in a way.... he resents non-human races and has no respect for women, but with his high charisma he enjoys getting with the ladies. He secretly resents not having 18 for every stat, and it will always be his goal to find items that will increase his stats. He fully expects to be assigned a lackey to carry his gear for him.

He definitely doesn't sound like the Lawful Good alignment that Paladins adhere strictly too. Resenting non-human races kinda sounds racist to me!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

we should all play non human rouges and pick Gordon's pockets every chance we get!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:
GORDON wrote: Also Biggus Dickus hasn't actually been Knighted, but he uses the "Sir" as an affectation and will fight you over it.
So you don't want the Noble background? I set it up like you did.

Maybe you'll just be a fake noble? you still get that swag and skills but it's all a lie?

If you get a chance, see if you can log into Roll20 and access your character sheet without me in game?
I assumed that one couldn't just receive a Knighthood at 18.... one had to earn it. I could be wrong? I figured, you know, level 1 character. Hasn't done shit yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:
GORDON wrote: Sir Biggus Dickus is kind of a prick, in a way.... he resents non-human races and has no respect for women, but with his high charisma he enjoys getting with the ladies. He secretly resents not having 18 for every stat, and it will always be his goal to find items that will increase his stats. He fully expects to be assigned a lackey to carry his gear for him.

He definitely doesn't sound like the Lawful Good alignment that Paladins adhere strictly too. Resenting non-human races kinda sounds racist to me!
He follows all rules. And he would never attack someone without provocation or reason. He just knows for a fact that all other races are inferior to humans.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote: we should all play non human rouges and pick Gordon's pockets every chance we get!
There's only one punishment for thieves.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Can there be a thief or rogue in a party with a lawful good character?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Can there be a thief or rogue in a party with a lawful good character?
Of course. He has the skillz, just doesn't go around stealing from peeps.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Can there be a thief or rogue in a party with a lawful good character?
Sure, you guys just sort out how that whole thing works.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:
I assumed that one couldn't just receive a Knighthood at 18.... one had to earn it. I could be wrong? I figured, you know, level 1 character. Hasn't done shit yet.
Fair enough, it's canon. You're a fake noble. Level 1 Paladin.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Goodness - you can make all your in-game rolls from the character sheet in your journal. They link up. It's magical.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Little sad I'm not in, but I doubt I could make the timing work :(
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

A Paladin has to be lawful good (except for ours it seems) where a thief, I believe, can be neutral allowing them to be in the same party. Chaotic/Evil and lawful/good cannot party together, but anything shy of those are good to go. I think. I haven't gotten that far in the handbook, but, that's how I remember it from back in the 80's. Seems a thief and a paladin can party as long as the thief strays away from the dark side. Just cause you're good with locks and traps doesn't mean you're an asshole kind of thing.

I used to always play paladin as well and that would have been my 'fighter' pick. I'm still reading about the races and their bonuses (ease be damned!) and then I'll learn the classes. I'll pick a good combo. I'm leaning towards cleric maybe. Get some magic on the team but still able to take/deal damage outside of magic. Again, based on the 80's.

I may have missed something, but so far it seems we have:
Gordon - Paladin
Stranger - Fighter
Leisher - Rogue (I know not official, but appears to be heading that way)
Cake - Some sort of magic

Do we have a 5th yet?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: A Paladin has to be lawful good (except for ours it seems) where a thief, I believe, can be neutral allowing them to be in the same party. Chaotic/Evil and lawful/good cannot party together, but anything shy of those are good to go. I think. I haven't gotten that far in the handbook, but, that's how I remember it from back in the 80's. Seems a thief and a paladin can party as long as the thief strays away from the dark side. Just cause you're good with locks and traps doesn't mean you're an asshole kind of thing.

I used to always play paladin as well and that would have been my 'fighter' pick. I'm still reading about the races and their bonuses (ease be damned!) and then I'll learn the classes. I'll pick a good combo. I'm leaning towards cleric maybe. Get some magic on the team but still able to take/deal damage outside of magic. Again, based on the 80's.

I may have missed something, but so far it seems we have:
Gordon - Paladin
Stranger - Fighter
Leisher - Rogue (I know not official, but appears to be heading that way)
Cake - Some sort of magic

Do we have a 5th yet?
1) All these goddamn special snowflakes wanting to be elf princess are going to kill me. PLAY A HUMAN IF YOU VALUE MY SANITY.

2) Nobody confirmed yet for the 5th. I have some invites out, but they are all to people with very young kids, so we'll see

3) I did a quick check about the Paladin and I think some of the rules you guys are quoting are from much older editions. It outlines the rules at Page 85 in the PHB. It actually looks like you aren't even a full fledged Paladin until level 3, when you take some kind of oath?

4) Someone should probably be a Wizard.