Star Wars VIII: Last Jedi **SPOILERS**

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This video is exceptional. A great breakdown of how badly both of the new movies have gotten lightsabers. Tons of shit I didn't even notice.

If I was to ever watch TLJ again, and I don't hate myself enough to do that, I'd never be able to watch the throne room scene without laughing. These are professional fucking filmmakers, and this is the garbage they gave us?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I read somewhere recently that in the very first movie, Lucas had envisioned that the sabers were heavy and difficult to wield, requiring two hands. Thus the Vader/kenobi battle looking like two old men circle strafing each other.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: There is a director out there, Kyle Newman, who was on a podcast talking about TLJ. He said he knows "maybe 2" people in Hollywood who liked it. He also said he's talked to journalists who gave it a good review who actually hated it. They gave it a good review because if they gave it a negative review, they'd lose access, and thus, hurt their careers. No shit...
This is why I don't trust any reviews on Disney properties. I've heard a number of people say they always take a rating on a Disney/Marvel/SW flick and trim back the review 10-20%.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren