The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I have never felt Trump was wrong about the press being out to get him.
If anyone disputes that, they're just not an honest person.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I guess there's an argument to be made that he shouldn't engage in a war with the free press, but my personal opinion is fuck them. If they can't be professional and unbiased, then absolutely cut off their White House access and give another reporter a shot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: News flash: Teenagers do stupid things.
Underrated statement of the day. People do and say stupid things. Should you immediately make an effort to then completely discredit everything they have ever said and will say? Should you make it so they are no longer employed and are unable to find meaningful work from that point on? What is the point of that? Who do you think that helps? Are you that blind that you cannot understand what that creates?

If someone said something racist, look to see if it's a pattern or was just an attempt to be shocking or even something out of context. I don't ever call any race a slur in my personal life, certainly never maliciously, but I've typed the n word here in discussions about the word. Do I now need to lose my job? Yeah, that'll teach me tolerance and not hate...
GORDON wrote: I have never felt Trump was wrong about the press being out to get him.
No matter your political leanings, if a person cannot admit this, they're about as bigoted as it gets.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Opinion piece says it's essentially been proven that the Saudis funded 9/11.

Is that legit? When did these "28 pages" get released? Why wasn't this bigger news or did I completely miss it?

I mean, it actually does make a lot of sense for the Saudis to be involved, and not in an anti-American way either (but still could be). It could have been an attempt to force us into the Middle East, specifically Iraq, and thus, protect Saudi from Iran expanding their influence.

Kind of like how different parts of Eastern European countries used to submit to Mongols/Muslims (or whoever was coming from the East), while still maintaining fealty to their own country and the Catholic Church. They'd agree to deals with the invaders, but really pay tributes. They'd also engage in military actions against the invaders at the same time. Essentially playing both sides of the fence to save their own asses.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

It's at least somewhat legit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alleged_S ... 11_attacks

I have no memory of that 2016 legislation either...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Vince wrote: Des Moines Register, Anheuser-Busch face backlash after Carson King news story fiasco

Guy goes viral with sign asking for beer money on game day. End up with so much money and attention that he decides to give the money to a local children's hospital (wanting to say he's raised over a million for them). Des Moines Register reporter decides to dig into the guy's social media and finds a couple of offensive tweets from eight years ago when the guy was 16. Now it turns out that the reporter that dug this garbage up is furiously deleting tweets and locked his own Twitter account after they've found some racist and homophobic tweets there.

It's true that in the future everyone will be famous for only 15 minutes. That's how long it now takes for the cancel culture to find something offensive in your past now.
Reporter got fired. They'd rather take out one of their own than look at how destructive the cancel culture has become. An ironic side note, the reporter had retweeted a New Republic story a few hours before all this broke that the "cancel culture" isn't real.

On the plus side, Carson King has raised approx 1/2 a million more for the children's hospital since all this broke.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Atlantic City's mayor resigned after pleading guilty to stealing $87,000 from a youth basketball program
Trying to find the mayor's party affiliation, but it seems they forgot to include it in the article.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

Jeez, well that research intern is getting fired. It's not even that hard to find horrible, sourced, videos of the atrocities either. There's a video of a mutilated female politician out there that is particular sickening.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: Jeez, well that research intern is getting fired. It's not even that hard to find horrible, sourced, videos of the atrocities either. There's a video of a mutilated female politician out there that is particular sickening.
Right? Happens a lot. I think it's often due to the networks trying to get something up fast rather than right.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"Fake but accurate" is the term you're looking for.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Which news network will be the first to attack Trump for being friendly with someone known to have worn blackface?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN wants you to know the internet is mocking Trump's Colorado border wall.

The internet should absolutely do that.

However, I don't remember CNN doing a similar piece when Obama said there were 57 states...
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: CNN wants you to know the internet is mocking Trump's Colorado border wall.

The internet should absolutely do that.

However, I don't remember CNN doing a similar piece when Obama said there were 57 states...
Lots of undercover video coming from Project Veritas on CNN in the last couple of weeks. At this point they're MSNBC without the self awareness.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Trump gets booed at a ball game.

CNN is there to tell you people acted civil until Trump came along.
What it proved is just how much he has changed not just politics but public discourse more broadly -- moving the goalposts (or maybe knocking them down entirely) on what is acceptable behavior.
That is beyond ridiculous. Is each side completely blind to how they act both when they have one of their own in office and when they don't?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Yeah, I think the last time a President didn't get booed at a game was Bush 43 right after the Sept 11th attacks.

Also, peeps in Washington DC hating Trump was and continues to be one of his selling points.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I still don't understand why she resigned, assuming she never had the law-breaking affair.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I don't either, but I guess her affairs were considered unethical or broke unwritten rules...?