The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah there's a better way to deal with shoplifting.

Hand amputation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:27 pm This is easily the worst opinion piece I've read on a MSM site in a long time.

This is putting all the blame on corporations for the out of control theft at stores and not on the people doing it or politicians enabling it.
There are better ways to deal with shoplifting
Based on this part I think the author is right. Arm every employee and shoot all shoplifters is clearly where he's going with this, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:26 am Arm every employee and shoot all shoplifters is clearly where he's going with this, right?
Ha!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN thinks we should be concerned about Trump's mental gaffes.

They're right, we should be concerned. I mean, could you imagine having a president that is constantly showing signs of dementia?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Notice the difference in headlines?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

"Hit his head? Why are we arrest.... oh"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Care factor: zero. Those things are always meaningless.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They are, but she's getting murdered on Twitter by every other female reporter I've ever heard of and a bunch more I never have heard of.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GQ named Kim K their Man of the Year.

She doesn't even identify as a man. WTF are we doing? Why are people still buying magazines?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"We need attention look at the wacky thing we did please click our ads"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:18 pm "We need attention look at the wacky thing we did please click our ads"
Yeah, I think you're probably right, but don't they understand how much it hurts their credibility?

No man on the planet had a better year than Kim K?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

People will be talking about the stupid thing GQ did for a long time.

People will be talking about GQ.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN opinion piece that's almost apologetic about condemning Hamas' sexual violence.

We live in a very toxic society when condemning rape could potentially put you in the crosshairs of political activists.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm definitely a critic of the MSM, but I don't think you throw out the baby with the bath water. They aren't necessarily trying to manipulate you (although that has happened). The consumer simply needs to have an understanding that the MSM outlet of their choice is acting in their own best interest first. The truth comes a distant second.

IF this was not the case there are so many questions that would be getting asked on a daily basis that currently don't. We all know what they are.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I famously stated a couple years ago that journalists get the facts approximately 28% correct.

The above screed tends to agree with me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

"There's no media bias."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, that was a dumb headline. (didnt read the article).
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Vote liberals. We're cool with academic theft."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

"There's no media bias."

Here's more spinning to make her a victim and not a racist thief. FYI, she's demoted back to her old job, but gets to keep her $900K annual salary. It's so awful what the evil conservatives are doing to this poor oppressed woman...

The best response added as a bonus.