The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

If you've read what was plagiarized, etc, the CNN reporting is accurate. She wasn't copying papers like a dumb undergraduate, etc, it's paragraphs or sentences type of thing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oh, that's ok then. She's just stealing to feed her family. Reinstate her immediately!

Kind of hard to not steal concepts and ideas when you're stealing entire paragraphs and sentences. Just saying...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:44 pm Oh, that's ok then. She's just stealing to feed her family. Reinstate her immediately!

Kind of hard to not steal concepts and ideas when you're stealing entire paragraphs and sentences. Just saying...
100 page paper with 3 paragraphs and 2 sentences. Really?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

To avoid plagiarism, don't you just have to have a footnote siting the source, or something like that?

What was the context of the 3/2? What impact did it have on the overall paper? I don't think there's enough info to judge if 3/2 is a big deal or not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:44 pm Oh, that's ok then. She's just stealing to feed her family. Reinstate her immediately!

100 page paper with 3 paragraphs and 2 sentences. Really?
Where did you get those numbers? Even Harvard's own fake inquiry found more than one paper:
"While the analysis found no violation of Harvard's standards for research misconduct, President Gay is proactively requesting four corrections in two articles to insert citations and quotation marks that were omitted from the original publications." The articles date back to 2001 and 2017.
Emphasis mine. I don't think you can say you're being proactive when you're only doing this after it's been pointed out as plagiarism.

Four papers, including her dissertation. (Article with receipts)

Spoiler: It's a big deal.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I just made my numbers up :)

So.. four papers over 24 years? That's the "big deal"?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You must not have any problems with the Michigan stuff either. 3 seasons over 100+ years? That's a big deal?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:26 pm You must not have any problems with the Michigan stuff either. 3 seasons over 100+ years? That's a big deal?
Right?
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:34 pm So.. four papers over 24 years? That's the "big deal"?
It's her fucking job!!! YES!

How do you tell all the students not to plagiarize and work hard when the bitch in charge cheated her ass off?

I guarantee you there is already at least one person itching to sign up for her classes with the intent of plagiarizing her work to make headlines if she dares call him or her on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know. It would be refreshing if they just said fuck it, you get one strike forgiven, every 5 years.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Define "strike".

Depending on what you define as a strike, I think that would suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

offense. not sure how to word it.

You get one freebie every 5 years. plagarism, telling a cop to go fuck yourself, whatever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:47 pm offense. not sure how to word it.

You get one freebie every 5 years. plagarism, telling a cop to go fuck yourself, whatever.
Strong disagree then. Way, way, way too easy to abuse. You're basically saying "Commit a crime once every five years and you're fine." If you say "there's a line", where does it get drawn?

Also, it's not illegal to tell a cop to go fuck themselves. It's dumb because they're going to see what they can get on you, but it's not illegal.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was a play on her 6 offenses in 24 year, or whatever it was. they be all "hey whats the big deal, that's like 1 every 5 years " or whatever idk
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:14 pm Where did you get those numbers? Even Harvard's own fake inquiry found more than one paper:
OK, the paper I was referring to, which had 7 corrections (quotes + citations added) was 180 pages long, not 100.

Meanwhile, Bill Ackman's (huge Gay critic) wife also a plagiarist. But not the president of a top university.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:15 am which had 7 corrections
Are those the "proactive" corrections she made after people starting finding the plagiarism?
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:15 am Meanwhile, Bill Ackman's (huge Gay critic) wife also a plagiarist. But not the president of a top university.
So he knew about it and helped her or he's just guilty by association? That's a reach to get to whataboutism.

Ultimately, even if Gay wasn't a racist and sexist anti-Semite, does she really have the qualifications to fill that position other than her skin color and what's between her legs? Point being, when you hire based on those things and not actual qualifications, it makes it tough to defend the person when they fuck up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure where to put this, but CNN is continuing its fight against cars.

I wonder if this is part of their climate change campaign that the producer discussed on hidden camera?

Also, Ackman defends his wife by finger pointing.

That's not a defense.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Headline for a video story on CNN this morning:
Top Republican parrots Trump calling jailed January 6 rioters ‘hostages’
I thought it was worth noting because they call them "rioters" and not "insurrectionists".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Before you use a fact checking site as some sort of checkmate to an argument, here they are straight lying.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... 7137e788d9