The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"Three Strikes" has been putting people away for a long time, for the proverbial "stealing a candy bar."

But on the other hand, it's the third strike. Meaning, the third time they got caught. Assume there are ten thefts for every one they get caught doing.

Thieves are scum.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Read further, and you learn it was his "final strike". (Full disclosure, I don't think his listed record warrants a life sentence.)
Bryant was convicted in 1979 for attempted armed robbery, in 1987 for possession of stolen things, attempted forgery of a check worth $150 in 1989 and for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling in 1992, all before his 1997 arrest for the failed attempt at stealing the hedge clippers.
Life seems awfully excessive.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I'll accept his writing-hand in exchange for a life sentence.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Life seems awfully excessive.
It absolutely does in this case. The brothers/friends recently massacred in Florida were killed by a man with over 30 felony convictions. That guy belonged in jail for life. This guy is just a simple thief.
GORDON wrote: I'll accept his writing-hand in exchange for a life sentence.
Hmmm...interesting. What's more barbaric: Taking the hand of a repeat offender thief or putting him in jail for life?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't see a problem with the life sentence. I mean, what purpose was he serving on the outside? I'm happy to be done with him. He seems he was just a constant source of pain for people that were not him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

White guy killed by a cop in what is clearly a bad shoot. Twitter folks express outrage, but zero protests. Zero riots. Zero "All Lives Matter" chants.

And why am I posting this here? Zero media coverage. It's currently nowhere on CNN or FOX's front pages and it happened last night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: White guy killed by a cop in what is clearly a bad shoot. Twitter folks express outrage, but zero protests. Zero riots. Zero "All Lives Matter" chants.

And why am I posting this here? Zero media coverage. It's currently nowhere on CNN or FOX's front pages and it happened last night.
It happened in May 2020 (the timestamp is on the footage). The footage was released 3 weeks ago... but I searched CNN + FoxNews, and neither covered it.
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, did he have a gun?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir. He also aggressively answered the door and moved out towards one cop. However, when he was shot he was also very clearly complying.

This was a bad shoot.
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, bad shoot, but I still feel for the cop. Had very few seconds to guess what the guy was going to do. He guessed wrong it seems.

Who answers their door with no shirt but a gun tucked in the back of their pants? They announced themselves as police as well.

I do hope he gets off. You know how to not get shot? Ask who it is before opening the door if you are concerned for your safety. Don't be a gangster and draw on people, who said they are the police, because you don't like them knocking on your door and shining a light in your face. The dude did EVERYTHING wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: The dude did EVERYTHING wrong.
Indeed he did. Even if it wasn't cops, he still walked out and never looked to the left.

Cop is lucky the guy was armed and white. That will probably save him from life in prison, but his career is definitely over.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Who is to blame for the mess in college football?

CNN says Trump!

Never change CNN.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

#SayHisName is trending on Twitter. People on both sides of the political spectrum are attacking certain MSM outlets like CNN.

Here's the story sparking the outrage.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: #SayHisName is trending on Twitter. People on both sides of the political spectrum are attacking certain MSM outlets like CNN.

Here's the story sparking the outrage.
This dude's torturous death needs to last for years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Here's the story sparking the outrage.
So that's been all over the news here, because... well, it wasn't too far from here. Is it that CNN or such isn't carrying it?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Is it that CNN or such isn't carrying it?
Basically, none of the left leaning MSM outlets have touched the story. Their silence on it, even when that silence is trending is deafening.

I don't know how any sane, logical person in 2020 can look at the CNNs and Foxs of the world and not see agendas being played out.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN finally covers it.

They do so without mentioning that Cannon is white and the pile of shit shooter is black. In fact, the still image at the top of the article is that of Cannon's white dad. The black guy's mug shot is "below the fold".

Fuck you CNN.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They do so without mentioning that Cannon is white and the pile of shit shooter is black. In fact, the still image at the top of the article is that of Cannon's white dad. The black guy's mug shot is "below the fold".
So you think the race of people in crimes should always be reported?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: They do so without mentioning that Cannon is white and the pile of shit shooter is black. In fact, the still image at the top of the article is that of Cannon's white dad. The black guy's mug shot is "below the fold".
So you think the race of people in crimes should always be reported?
It always is when it's vice versa.

Change the races of the people involved and this would have been a top story for CNN immediately. The story would have immediately pointed out the races of those involved, probably in the headline. Also, the word racism would have been peppered throughout the article.

Please don't insult yourself or me by pretending that isn't true.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Change the races of the people involved and this would have been a top story for CNN immediately. The story would have immediately pointed out the races of those involved, probably in the headline. Also, the word racism would have been peppered throughout the article.

Please don't insult yourself or me by pretending that isn't true.
This was the closest event I Could find when I searched for "crazy white man shoots black kid"