The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trump in court today for the classified documents.

So if I have this correct...

Trump is on trial for taking some classified documents home.
Biden also took some classified documents home.
However, Biden has been found to be mentally unwell and unable to stand trial for it.
Meanwhile, the MSM is telling me I need to be concerned about Trump's mental decline.

BTW, when the judge asked about how this case is different from other presidents, here's what was said and how CNN covered it:
Bratt stressed that the circumstances around Trump were unique and that no other president has faced criminal charges. "Even with other former presidents, there was never a situation remotely similar to this one," Bratt said. Bratt added that he didn't "have insight" into special counsel Robert Hur’s report in the Biden investigation, which concluded without charges.
Emphasis mine and I removed nothing. That was the final line of the article. They simply did not report why Biden's investigation concluded without charges or how his case was different aside from the amount of files.

"There's no left wing bias in the MSM."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When you create headlines like this for clickbait, especially knowing some will take it at face value, you should lose the right to report the news.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A few months ago there was a "Republicans pounce" meme.... "Someone said something, Republicans pounce."

When the right wingers started making fun of it, they stopped using that word. Suddenly, Republicans weren't pouncing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The worst part of the Trump bloodbath saga is that most of the MSM responses have been to double down.

Joe Scarborough on MSNBC said:
"It's bullsh*t! He knew what he was doing. We aren't stupid. Sometimes bloodbath means a bloodbath!"
The definition of bloodbath.

For the lazy:
: a great slaughter
a
: a notably fierce, violent, or destructive contest or struggle
the campaign has become a bloodbath
b
: a major economic disaster
a market bloodbath
Apparently, a different MSNBC analyst said that Trump is speaking in secret code.

Heck of a code. No way anyone could crack it!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The best comment I've seen on the internet today:
"What if it's a mostly peaceful bloodbath?"

A beautifully executed callback shot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Binders full of women.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sports Illustrated saved by a new publisher.

Delaying the inevitable.

I'm shocked the last publisher couldn't pay their bills. I guess putting porkers and chicks with dicks in the swimsuit issue didn't pay off. Who could have guessed?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"There is no such thing as a chick with a dick. There are only dudes with boobs."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Tyson Foods closing plants and planning to hire illegals.

That's the claim, and not just from FOX. Left wing sites also had the story, but I think some have purged it for reasons that will soon become clear.

This has led to a boycott of Tyson products.

Tyson Foods put out a strongly worded response.

Apparently, the confusion came from this story discussing their plant closures.

Listen, Tyson "could" be playing an excellent response card to the backlash, but realistically, this was piss poor journalism...again. Why do people still blindly trust the MSM?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Used to live in Sioux City. Lots of meat processing plants around there.

Now and then INS would sweep through, and that plant was closed for a week until they could replace most of the workforce (with fresh illegals).

Are they not doing that any more?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Of course they are, which is exactly what their executive, Nolan, admitted to in the interview. That's what makes their statement bullshit, but they weren't closing plants to open them elsewhere to hire 40K illegals and provide them with immigration lawyers. That wouldn't make financial sense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:23 pm That's what makes their statement bullshit, but they weren't closing plants to open them elsewhere to hire 40K illegals and provide them with immigration lawyers
They are hiring legal non-citizens, if you read the stuff above. Refugees + asylum seekers. Not illegals.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:42 pm Refugees + asylum seekers. Not illegals.
First of all, so Gordon's actual lived experiences were lies? Are we really going to pretend that illegals aren't working jobs nobody else wants and that INS (or whatever they're called now) didn't routinely go to certain plants and cause work shutdowns? Considering it's illegal to hire illegals, what company is going to openly admit to it? One of my best friends worked border patrol (now with another agency). I've heard all the realities.

Secondly, apologies, but the political left has made "refugees and asylum seekers" meaningless. By international law every single person illegally crossing our borders are not asylum seekers. Take it up with the UN if you don't like it.

Calling them that really needs to stop:
What is the difference between a refugee and a migrant?
A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee conflict or persecution and has crossed an international border to seek safety. They cannot return to their country without risking their life or freedoms. It is a legal term that carries with it certain protections that refugees are entitled to.

The term ‘migrant’ does not have an international legal definition. However, it is commonly understood to refer to someone who has chosen to leave their home to start a new life in another country. A migrant can return home without risking their life or freedom. The movement is understood to be voluntary.

People who are likely to be asylum-seekers or refugees should not be referred to as migrants. To do so can undermine the legal protections afforded to refugees under international law.
That's from UNHCR.

As I've stated many, many times, I'm very pro immigration, just follow the rules. And I know there's a slow down, which is why I proposed "Immigration City".
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Peeps should really not like all the slave labor "migrants" flooding into the country. They work for cheap, and keep wages suppressed across the board. Usually the same peeps who want to swing the doors open wide, think peeps should be paid more.

I guess they rationalize by saying the illegals should make korez too. I dunno. Then it would be $40 big mac combos.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of INS sweeping meat packers in Iowa shutting them down, every now and then in Memphis our plant would be shut down when the sheriff swept through serving warrants, ha.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:10 pm First of all, so Gordon's actual lived experiences were lies? Are we really going to pretend that illegals aren't working jobs nobody else wants and that INS (or whatever they're called now) didn't routinely go to certain plants and cause work shutdowns? Considering it's illegal to hire illegals, what company is going to openly admit to it? One of my best friends worked border patrol (now with another agency). I've heard all the realities.
When did he live there? When was the ID program instituted (e-verify, etc)? Oh... yeah. It's much harrder to hire them than it used to be, but they're crtainly still around, especially ffor much smaller outfits/manual labor.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:45 pm When did he live there? When was the ID program instituted (e-verify, etc)? Oh... yeah. It's much harrder to hire them than it used to be, but they're crtainly still around, especially ffor much smaller outfits/manual labor.
I'm just saying that while I'm certain Tyson (a customer of ours) hires legal immigrants, I'm also quite sure that they have used illegals too. And probably still do heavily through smaller facilities they, as a corporation, have less control over, particularly with vendors.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Nah the illegals are flooding in because no one will hire them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:26 am Nah the illegals are flooding in because no one will hire them.
They have been hired. They have shelter, food, cell phones, and spending money provided by Ds as a thank you for helping them take total control of the political landscape. All funded by the taxpayers. Amazing we can't give that stuff to veterans and Americans in need, but we have tons of money to give all this to illegals.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

60 Minutes did a piece bashing social media last night for misinformation and are now pushing it on social media, which is hilariously ironic.

It's amazing how this wasn't an issue when conservative voices were being silenced. Apparently, it also wasn't an issue that our government was telling social media outlets to squash stories, dissenting voices, etc. (Which should really be the biggest news story since Covid.) And, of course, the "experts" who weigh in are all left wingers.
Another part of the piece featuring a woman whose appearance says everything you need to know about her.