The MSM

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Postby Vince » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:12 pm

As one of my favorite podcasters says... "That bait ain't going to click itself!"

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Postby Leisher » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Kentucky kid who wore the MAGA hat and who was dragged through the mud by erroneous reports is suing CNN for $275M.

Tucker Carlson loses advertisers.

His sins:
But more than 30 advertisers have pulled their ads since December, when Carlson said that “an endless chain of migrant caravans” was making “our own country poorer, and dirtier, and more divided.” Media Matters has called on people to boycott businesses that advertise on the show.

and

Media Matters culled the audio from appearances Carlson made on shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show between 2006 and 2011. Carlson defended Utah polygamist Warren Jeffs, a cult leader who is serving a life sentence for child rape, calling the charges against him “bulls–t.”

Carlson went on to argue that “arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her.”

Carlson also used the c-word, called Iraqis “semiliterate primitive monkeys” who don’t use toilet paper or forks, and used homophobic slurs.

Carlson refuses to apologize and actually has a good response:
Carlson has declined to apologize.

“Media Matters caught me saying something naughty on a radio show more than a decade ago,” he said. “Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour. If you want to know what I think, you can watch. Anyone who disagrees with my views is welcome to come on and explain why.”

Fox News' response is also legit good because it's accurate:
“We cannot and will not allow voices like Tucker Carlson to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts from the likes of Moveon.org, Media Matters and Sleeping Giants. Attempts were made last month to bully and terrorize Tucker and his family at their home,” Fox News said. “He is now once again being threatened via Twitter by far left activist groups with deeply political motives. While we do not advocate boycotts, these same groups never target other broadcasters and operate under a grossly hypocritical double standard given their intolerance to all opposing points of view.”

If you go after one, you need to go after all or you're the bigot.

Vince

The MSM

Postby Vince » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Does the left really want to target people based on crap they said on a shock jock's show? Can we comb through Howard Stern's shows and ensure all the people he's had on that have said gross things never work again? This is just stupid.

Return to “General Stuff”