Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

YouTuber tries to prank random stranger and gets shot. Stranger wins against biggest charge in court!

This is a win for society and humanity.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Again, "and you expect me to feel bad about it?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am so over these narcissist fuckwads who go to public gyms to film themselves and then get mad at anyone in their shot or who look at them.

How dare other people work out in a public gym! How dare a guy look at me even though I'm dressed in a super revealing outfit and filming myself so strangers online can look at me!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Social media won't be free much longer.

Meta mulling a subscription plan for ad free IG and FB.

They have to start charging. They IPOed, and there's no other way to keep those profits climbing.

Additionally, I still think we're heading towards policies, and possibly laws, verifying identities. No more anonymous accounts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm starting to look pretty fucking prescient, aren't I. It became obvious at least a decade ago the Tragedy of the Anonymous Commons was going to collapse the online space.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A TikToker went viral for suing her parents claiming she never asked to be born. She won a judgment of $5k/month. The story went viral and people argued back and forth about what was right and wrong. Yada yada yada.

The whole thing was fake.

That didn't stop a lot of people from pushing it as if it were real. Social media!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hey, remember when everyone online was called racist, homophobes, misogynists, and so on for any criticism of Hollywood garbage?

HBO and MAX were using a troll bot army to bash people who criticized their shows and movies.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:13 am HBO and MAX were using a troll bot army to bash people who criticized their shows and movies.
Doesn't look like they used bots. Just made alternate twitter accounts themselves.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, it's already been covered that many of these companies did use bots and hired firms to post things as "fans". However yes, despite the headline, in this case it does appear it's more about alt accounts.

Doesn't excuse the behavior in the slightest though. "I didn't hire a gang to rape that person. I wore a mask and raped them myself!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nikki Haley out here talking about removing anonymity from the web.

I have to admit, I think it's the only way common courtesy ever shows back up on the web. Not to mention eliminating a lot of misinformation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, there go all my fake accounts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's no greater sin than being correct too soon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TikTok changes their user terms so nobody can sue them for past transgressions.

TOSs need to be looked at by our lawmakers.

Is it realistic for the average person to read 14 pages of legalize while sitting on the toilet?

There should be a one page, bullet point summary that must express exactly what is said in the TOS. Any changes should be added and bolded every time the TOS is changed.

We should also have a repository where all TOSs must be filed prior to going live. That way a corporation can't add something later and claim it was there from day one. (Maybe that exists?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:13 pm Is it realistic for the average person to read 14 pages of legalize while sitting on the toilet?
There's a precedent for this that basically says people can't agree to things they cannot understand. Given tik toks userbase, I'm pretty sure they'll all be able to sue anyway :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fair point.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

To be in control of everything they do, where they go, what they say. Of course brands will prefer AI influencers.