Site Admin

Immigration

Postby TheCatt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 pm

It's not me, it's someone else.

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Postby Leisher » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Fake DHS college has ICE deporting its students.

Listen, I'm all for making people immigrate here legally, but are people trying to better themselves through college the best targets for anti-immigration? In a word, no.
“I'm proud to introduce our new head coach, Mike Tomlin”
― Dan Snyder

TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Postby TheCatt » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Leisher wrote:Source of the post Fake DHS college has ICE deporting its students.

Listen, I'm all for making people immigrate here legally, but are people trying to better themselves through college the best targets for anti-immigration? In a word, no.

Wait, what the fuck?

The students had arrived legally in the U.S. on student visas, but since the University of Farmington was later revealed to be a creation of federal agents, they lost their immigration status after it was shut down in January. The school was staffed with undercover agents posing as university officials.

So they had student visas, but they were for a fake school? And stayed anyways? Or what?
It's not me, it's someone else.

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Postby Leisher » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 pm

I don't know. The whole thing sounds like entrapment.
― Dan Snyder

Vince

Immigration

Postby Vince » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:58 am

It was a fake school that all the "students" enrolled for the purpose of staying under fraudulent visas. They all knew they were paying for the student visa as exactly zero students went to a classroom.

The article also fails to mention that the fake school was established in 2016 under Obama. That's why the story has relatively fallen off the radar already.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Postby Leisher » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Melania gets booed at some "get kids off opioid" event in Baltimore...blah, blah, blah.

People are going to root for their favorite letter, no matter your cause. However, what got my attention was this:
Earlier in November, the first lady was met with protesters during a visit to Boston Medical Center, located in the city's South End. Protesters on a grassy area in front of the building held signs and chanted, most decrying the immigration stance and policies of her husband, President Donald Trump.

Those in the crowd were primarily hospital employees, upset that Melania Trump's visit would create a public photo opportunity aligning members of the Trump administration with Boston Medical Center, 30% of whose patients don't speak English as a primary language, according to the hospital's website.

Shouldn't the primary requirement of becoming a citizen or simply integrating into a culture be to learn the language? It's not a racist thing, but a logistics thing. It's the official language of not only the U.S., but also of business. If you don't know English, there's a really good chance you're not a jet setting billionaire.

If you were searching for a roommate, would you accept any candidate who, during the interview process, told you, "Fuck your rules and your stuff. I do my own thing. My wants are more important than your needs."?
― Dan Snyder

Return to “General Stuff”